Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For the Entomology Minded

CaveGirl

Tonight TCM is showing a very strange yet arresting movie, called "Woman in the Dunes" after midnight.

I highly recommend it for those who like off the wall flicks. A man who is a biologist studying the life of bugs gets to find out what it is like to be trapped like a bug in a place.

Enjoy!

Oops, update: Due to bad liquor affecting my cranium, I mistakenly said this was playing tonight, but it is actually on tomorrow nite, Sunday. Sorry.

WOMAN IN THE DUNES (1964)

A mysterious woman spends her time preventing her home from being swallowed by sand dunes.

DirHiroshi Teshigahara Cast:  Eiji Okada , Kyoko Kishida , Koji Mitsui .

BW-147 mins,

• Like 3

That would be tomorrow night, late Sunday night/early Monday morning, on TCM Imports, to avoid any confusion.

This is a good movie, and one of the strangest to receive an Oscar nomination in the 1960's. It was up for Best Director for Hiroshi Teshigahara.

• Like 1

I saw Women in the Dunes at the movies when I was a kid -- I remember my friends and I being shocked (and, you'll pardon the expression, titillated) by the sight of a female breast on screen.

I don't remember anything about the insect connection, though speaking of insects, here's a lady I do remember:

Wasp-3.jpg

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings