Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A sad day for music lovers.

SansFin

I adore you SansFin.  I really do.

I would like to add that as a Canadian, I consider Justin Bieber to be the worst male singer (or perhaps of either gender) to ever have been born in Canada. What an idiotic statement he made after Prince died.

Please Justin, consider this famous country song:

How can I miss you if you don't go away?

And when is the next Music awards ceremony:

Beyoncé better ask Kanye to stay home.

• Like 2

Lol. Is there no justice in the world?

I request that we make a deal with whomever and trade Biebs & Kanye for my loves Jim Morrison and Ricky Nelson and all the other great musicians who are no longer with us (Prince, Bowie, George Harrison, John Lennon, Elvis, Kurt Cobain, just to name a few).

I'll admit that Miley's "Party in the USA" song is a (not-so) guilty pleasure for me.

I request that we make a deal with whomever and trade Biebs & Kanye for my loves Jim Morrison and Ricky Nelson and all the other great musicians who are no longer with us (Prince, Bowie, George Harrison, John Lennon, Elvis, Kurt Cobain, just to name a few).

I'll admit that Miley's "Party in the USA" song is a (not-so) guilty pleasure for me.

Please include--Jimi, Carl and Dennis Wilson and The Marvelous Marvin Gaye.

• Like 2

I am very sorry to say that confirmed reports state that both: Justin Bieber and: Kanye West are alive and well.

Get this. When Prince's death was confirmed, I was somewhere with people not on my friends list, and someone said "Well, they always die in three's so who do you think will go next?"

And I said "Well, if I had my druthers and could make a wish, I would go with Kanye West and either Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift."

Now right as I say it, this lady person from the Not-Friends-List blurts out to me "You should never say something like that and wish someone dead."

I started to say "Well, anyone who tells me I can't say that, is next on the list" but to forestall being blacklisted I subdued myself, but my questions are:

I] Why do people say idiotic things like that, since it would mean that I really do have to the power to wish someone dead and if so wouldn't I  be offing countless folks?

And 2] If I do have the power, maybe mouthing off these remonstrations to me would put them on the next wish list?

Duh!

Keep me updated, Sans Fin if the body count changes.

• Like 1

I think it was the great non-musician Spike Jones who said, " there's no crime in making bad music, the only crime in show business is being an ignorant a******.

PS-- is there room for Miley Cyrus in this group?

I've always wondered why the original Spike Jones and family or estate doesn't sue him for unauthorized use of the name?

I mean the one who spells it differently. Is it spelled Joynes or something like that?

You could bring Morrison back but he would only be on his feet for a few minutes and then would succumb again, but hopefully not in the bathtub this time!

• Like 1

I go in cycles. Right now, it's all Jefferson Airplane, all the time, with a sprinkle of 13th Floor Elevators thrown in.

Too bad Roky Erickson did not go further.

There is some interesting thoughts about the 13th Floor Elevators in that book "Unknown Legends of Rock and Roll".

Thanks, DGF!

Too bad Roky Erickson did not go further.

There is some interesting thoughts about the 13th Floor Elevators in that book "Unknown Legends of Rock and Roll".

Thanks, DGF!

The name of Rocky Erickson has now been mentioned twice today on these boards......."Slip Inside This House " should be required listening for everyone.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings