Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help, what is the name of that movie?

Its about two women on a train. One of them was married to a soldier who died before she was introduced to his family. The other was running from trouble she was in back home. They became friends on the train and the married one allowed the other to try on her wedding band. The train derailed and many died, including the married women. So the unmarried woman took the place of the married woman by mistake. The family loved her and she loved the family but her pass caught up with her. That's all I can remember about the movie. I know it came out around the forties or fifties. And I thought Ethel Barrymore was in it but I don't think so.... Please help

smp1974

That's got to be "No Man of Her Own" (1950), one of many versions of Cornell Woolrich's novel "I Married a Dead Man," written under the name of William Irish. I've never seen "Mrs. Winterbourne," but apparently that's another version of the same story.

I don't know if TCM has run "No Man of Her Own" (today would have been a good day!), but it could be part of the package of old Paramount films they've licensed.

By the way, does anyone know when those Paramount films will begin running? They include the Stanwyck noir "The File on Thelma Jordon," released in the same year as "No Man of Her Own."

• 5 months later...