Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Falcon Strikes Back

ElCid

April 26 at 12:30 PM ET.  One of my favorite Falcon movies.  Being shown as part of Edgar Kennedy day-he's the puppeteer (I had to look it up).   Harriet Hilliard is better known as Harriet Nelson of Ozzie and Harriet fame in case you recognize the face.

If you like the Falcon and the Saint type movies, you'll like this one.

April 26 at 12:30 PM ET.  One of my favorite Falcon movies.  Being shown as part of Edgar Kennedy day-he's the puppeteer (I had to look it up).   Harriet Hilliard is better known as Harriet Nelson of Ozzie and Harriet fame in case you recognize the face.

If you like the Falcon and the Saint type movies, you'll like this one.

He's the "puppeteer"?

They should put it on a double bill with "Being John Malkovich" maybe?

I watched the entire Falcon film, since I wanted to see if Ricky or David would show up in Harriet Hilliard's office. No such luck!

But it didn't matter because as usual, Tom Conway was a dapper and suave Falcon. In one scene, he was wearing a sartorially attractive cravat, formed from perhaps an ascot, under his white crew neck sweater, with maybe an alpaca sports coat in a light tone, and dark slacks. Impeccable!

Sadly at the same time, Harriet was wearing the most horrid dress I've ever seen onscreen, with a pilgrimesque collar all decorated with white and dark rick rack. I have a horrible feeling that it might have been red rick rack which would make it all the worse. Nevertheless, the film still had staying power due to the many other people in it, which made it worthwhile like Edgar Kennedy, playing puppeteer to the Velma Dawson Puppets, and the movies most famous drunk, the great Jack Norton playing the 2nd tramp that wakes up the Falcon in his car in the woods.

Another person enlivening the proceedings was Jane Randolph who must have dumped poor old Ollie from "Cat People" and realized he was a bore compared to the Falcon. Oh, we also had Cliff Edwards but no Jiminy Crickett sadly.

The storyline was about fake bonds, rustic hotels named Pinecrest [which looked a lot like the one in "Twin Peaks", murder and unrequited love. All in all, another great Falcon programmer!

• Like 1

Sadly at the same time, Harriet was wearing the most horrid dress I've ever seen onscreen, with a pilgrimesque collar all decorated with white and dark rick rack. I have a horrible feeling that it might have been red rick rack which would make it all the worse.

Oh! Wasn't that horrible?!!!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings