Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MAMIE Alert! "SEX KITTENS GO TO COLLEGE" (1960)--3;00 A.M. E.S.T.

film lover 293

This film is quite awful even by my low standards. However, it does contain the highlight of John Carradine's career:

Untitled10_zpsfdcef8a3.png

i get what you're getting at here, but...i mean, there was STAGECOACH and GRAPES OF WRATH and some great stuff in the 30's, along with the occasional really great mid career turn (ie JOHNNY GUITAR and THE EGYPTIAN) amid all the times where he said "yes" and took the paycheck to appear in something GAWDAWFUL ( admittedly, it's about a 100:1 ratio on that.)

...plus it's my understanding he's great in BLUEBEARD and HITLER'S MADMEN.

i dunno...he kinda fascinates he because there was a huge amount of talent there...just a real SCUD missile of a career though.

• Like 1

Carradine has appeared in some of the best and worst films of all time. And he is always worth watching, if only to imagine him thinking "how did I get in this piece of crap?"

I'm sure dancing with Mamie was a joy for him. Then again, he probably had fun singing the title track on Night Train to Mundo Fine.

• Like 2

Carradine has appeared in some of the best and worst films of all time. And he is always worth watching, if only to imagine him thinking "how did I get in this piece of crap?"

I'm sure dancing with Mamie was a joy for him. Then again, he probably had fun singing the title track on Night Train to Mundo Fine.

He immediately followed up a prominent role in THE TEN COMMANDMENTS- which was the biggest film ever (at the time)- with a starring role in THE UNEARTHLY, which has to be seen to be believed...

edit- Now, of course, I realize who I'm talking to. Of course, you've seen The Unearthly.

ps- have been humming NIGHT TRAIN TO MUNDO FINE in my head in voice as John all morning.

• Like 1

edit- Now, of course, I realize who I'm talking to. Of course, you've seen The Unearthly.

Yes, I've seen it, mostly for Allison Hayes and Sally Todd, and my man Tor. But I have to admit Carradine plays a mean Toccata and Fugue on his organ.

• Like 1

And for that matter, the lowlight of Jackie Coogan's career:

Untitled11_zpsb02a90d9.png

There is no lowlight if it has Jackie Coogan in it!

Sorry, but I just think he is adorable, even thirty or more years after he was playing Peck's Bad Boy.

That croaky voice, that enchanting smile, those twinkley eyes. What a cutie! 

i get what you're getting at here, but...i mean, there was STAGECOACH and GRAPES OF WRATH and some great stuff in the 30's, along with the occasional really great mid career turn (ie JOHNNY GUITAR and THE EGYPTIAN) amid all the times where he said "yes" and took the paycheck to appear in something GAWDAWFUL ( admittedly, it's about a 100:1 ratio on that.)

...plus it's my understanding he's great in BLUEBEARD and HITLER'S MADMEN.

i dunno...he kinda fascinates he because there was a huge amount of talent there...just a real SCUD missile of a career though.

He is great in "Bluebeard". Try to find a decent copy though as so many look like they were washed with Brillo soap pads and are all grainy.

• Like 3

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings