Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The message boards are extra klunky this evening - what's up?

Kid Dabb

♠ THINGS ♠

•  In honor of tonight's klunky message boards may I recommend the song "99 KLUNK" by Tony St. Thomas on Mercury Records?  It makes very little sense, but that's ok as Mr. St. Thomas is not a particularly good singer so it's far more likely any listener would be more focused on understanding the words as opposed to actually caring what they are.  My dad had a 45' rpm record of this song when I was growing up and I played it.  There was no date on the record of when this song was released.  Maybe late '50s or early '60s?  The other side contains a Christian song (sort of) titled 'LITTLE DAVID'.  It's not everyone cup of religious tea, I'm sure.  And it's as badly sung as '99 KLUNK', but it's hard to forget.  (Next week I'll drag out my Mercury 'Message' record 45' -- probably from the late '60s -- featuring vocalist 'Murray McKay' singing (A-side) "Don't Let the Pusher Push You" and (B-side) "Blacks Trying to Make It").   

• Like 2

♠ THINGS ♠

•  In honor of tonight's klunky message boards may I recommend the song "99 KLUNK" by Tony St. Thomas on Mercury Records?  It makes very little sense, but that's ok as Mr. St. Thomas is not a particularly good singer so it's far more likely any listener would be more focused on understanding the words as opposed to actually caring what they are.  My dad had a 45' rpm record of this song when I was growing up and I played it.  There was no date on the record of when this song was released.  Maybe late '50s or early '60s?  The other side contains a Christian song (sort of) titled 'LITTLE DAVID'.  It's not everyone cup of religious tea, I'm sure.  And it's as badly sung as '99 KLUNK', but it's hard to forget.  (Next week I'll drag out my Mercury 'Message' record 45' -- probably from the late '60s -- featuring vocalist 'Murray McKay' singing (A-side) "Don't Let the Pusher Push You" and (B-side) "Blacks Trying to Make It").   

Is this song better than "Rocket 88"?

I've not heard 'ROCKET 88' so I can't be sure!  But '99 KLUNK' is pretty bad so 'ROCKET 88' would have to be truly terrible for '99 KLUNK' to surpass it. 

99 KLUNK . . . means 99 lies . . . means that you told me of 99 guys.  The lyrics make no sense, but the way Tony St. Thomas sings them you can't be sure half the time what they are anyway. 

Also, I found out last night that "DON'T LET THE PUSHER PUSH YOU" from Murray McKay was on YouTube.  I'd never looked for it on YouTube until yesterday evening . . . and it was there.  Ready to be heard.  Do any of you dare to listen?  If you do, remember you have a lot of "potent-U-al-ITY".   

► Don't let the pusher push you . . . to the grave!  Here comes SuperBrother Number One! 

EDIT:  It seems that just over 2 months ago a person nicknamed 'Chameleon Berlin' uploaded LITTLE DAVID by Tony St. Thomas to YouTube.  God Bless Them!  A terrible song that really grew on me.  Now I like it.  If you listen perhaps it will grow on you, too.  The record is pictured, too, but Mr Berlin did not upload the '99 KLUNK' side.  I'll have to ask him! 

• Like 1

I got a "Driver Error" for three minutes, then TCM website fixed itself--did this happen to anyone else? :unsure:

What IS a "Driver Error??  Have never gotten That on any website. :unsure:

Was this the driver error?

Hot_Water_lobby_card.jpg

(The error you saw was probably something on the TCM server, whilst they were fiddling with it/changing something/feeding the squirrels.)

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings