Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

schedule off

alfansome

the programs starting at 5pm (pdt) today (April 29) are off by about 20 minutes or so; does anyone know why? and how long this will last?

Example - A Star is Born was scheduled to start at 5pm but actually started about 4:37pm, the next movie was supposed to start at 8:15pm but started about 7:55

I posted earlier about this in the Yesterday/Tomorrow thread, when I noticed that A Star Was Born ~20 minutes prematurely.

The following A Child Is Waiting was then given a double entrance, starting once, then abruptly going back to fillers before reappearing to wait with Ben once more (albeit now ~10 minutes earlier they'd previously been planning to start waiting). It's all fun & games in scheduling tonight!

It's the curse of A STAR IS BORN.

Several years ago, TCM was airing the earlier version of the film with Fredric March. When we got to the part where March drops his robe in the sand and starts walking to the ocean, the film suddenly went into rapid rewind mode to a point nine minutes earlier in the film and then it played out to the end as it should.

Once again, my recording of a movie with this title has been affected. But hey, those TCM viewers that really count are at the Film Fest, the ones at home don't matter, they're at the mercy of the interns left to mind the store while everyone else is partying.

• Like 4

I'm an hour later in Ohio, so "A Star is Born," was scheduled for 8:00 here.  I was all set up in the recliner, with chores done, snacks on the end table, and the dog in my lap when I turned it on and could see it had already started.  I absolutely will not watch a movie that is even two minutes in so I turned it off.

One thing I learned through my English Literature classes is the importance of the first page (should be read twice) and that goes for the first few minutes of films, too.  It establishes, place, time, atmosphere, ages, occupations and relationships of characters.  I've come in late and wondered through whole movies why the two protagonists don't click romantically only to find out later they're brother and sister.

• Like 6

I'm an hour later in Ohio, so "A Star is Born," was scheduled for 8:00 here.  I was all set up in the recliner, with chores done, snacks on the end table, and the dog in my lap when I turned it on and could see it had already started.  I absolutely will not watch a movie that is even two minutes in so I turned it off.

One thing I learned through my English Literature classes is the importance of the first page (should be read twice) and that goes for the first few minutes of films, too.  It establishes, place, time, atmosphere, ages, occupations and relationships of characters.  I've come in late and wondered through whole movies why the two protagonists don't click romantically only to find out later they're brother and sister.

awesome post...and one that makes me feel guilty because I- with my damaged Gen-X mind- have watched I don't know how many films in non-sequential order....and to be fair, sometimes it's worked out all right.

Blame Quentin Tarantino for this....or maybe MTV....or the internet....

(blame anything but me is what i'm saying.)

will try to revise this laissez-fair policy towards movie viewing on my part as you make a damned good point.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings