Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Where exactly is this new TCM catalog," PLEASE HELP?

spence

Spence,

I think that is referring to a new DVD catalog that TCM is mailing out on a monthly basis (I've received 3 of them so far).  I'm assuming that since I'm a subscriber to the Now Playing guide, they may be using the same address information to ship the catalogs to.  If you've purchased something in the past from the TCM Shop, that may qualify you as well, but just guessing.

The catalogs are really quite extensive, with full pages devoted to DVDs for specific stars and movie genres and various specials they are running.  They also have some tie-ins with specific themes/stars that are appearing on TCM that month.

Given the supposed budget cuts I'm a little surprised that TCM can produce such a catalog, but if it makes additional sales then I guess it can pay for itself.

Spence,

I think that is referring to a new DVD catalog that TCM is mailing out on a monthly basis (I've received 3 of them so far).  I'm assuming that since I'm a subscriber to the Now Playing guide, they may be using the same address information to ship the catalogs to.  If you've purchased something in the past from the TCM Shop, that may qualify you as well, but just guessing.

The catalogs are really quite extensive, with full pages devoted to DVDs for specific stars and movie genres and various specials they are running.  They also have some tie-ins with specific themes/stars that are appearing on TCM that month.

Given the supposed budget cuts I'm a little surprised that TCM can produce such a catalog, but if it makes additional sales then I guess it can pay for itself.

THANX FOR FAST REPLY!  How much is it & is it good, anything like "NP Guide's"  & most importantly, where on here can it be located?

(P.S. But, of course mainly the $cost$ of each issue?)

Thank You again

It somewhat then reminds me of a different-(yet all dvd & still some vhs) items available & the couple I got, back at least 6 to 7 years ago, was actually the size of a phone book!  "Movies Unlimited Catalog"  & though it's too often been through different companies over even more yrs.  They also offer FREE supplement issues as well.

If you receive DVD catalogs from different sources, check out the return address.  Many come from same PO, but with different box numbers.  I think the individual companies are contracting out for one company to do all the catalogs, mailings, order receiving, shipping, etc.

Just found 'em & thanx again.  But, surprised they are apparently FREE!!!

Just how many pages are there? :huh:

Yes, like the other poster said, my guess is that those who paid for the Now Playing guide were the first to get them, since their addresses were already in the system. I've been getting them monthly, and also getting the Movies Unlimited catalog also. I have bought from both groups. The giant Movies Unlimited catalog, which as the poster said, is as big as a phone book, I've paid like $9.95 in the past, even though it is basically the same as their online catalog. The TCM catalog [and I just got a new one this past week] is around [just guessing] maybe 40 pages and yes, has some good bargains plus it spotlights a lot of things that are playing during the month, with the dates the films are showing on TCM. Hope this helps!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings