Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Who's Been to the TCM Film Festival & or Cruise???"

spence

I'm curious as to what fellow TCM-ITES have been to either-(or both) the Annual "TCM Film Festival" or "Cruise?"

& please jot down what it-(or they) were like-(& of course how $much dough$ it all cost???)

Ironically, I love the sea, but have yet to ever be able to go on it's cruise

(NOTE: I first got a taste of being on the ocean as a kid of almost 12, when my father was then & only briefly a commercial fisherman on Marathon, Key.

He was actually influenced by *"The Great: Spencer Tracy's" epic role as Santiago in Hemingway's 1958 "0ld Man and The Sea"  Problem being, that tremendous character was dead $broke$)

& other than the Movie Studios in Orlando area, the sea down here is thee sole positive thing I can say about Florida!!!

& have also been  to HOLLYWOOD-(3 times to date, twice in

99 & 2005) & another irony, is that "The Roosevelt" was the main locale if anyone got lost, so I've almost been all over the legendary place!

Anyway, please let me/us know  & I thank you :huh:

I've been on 4 of the 5 cruise and have booked the upcoming cruise. I think I've posted brief summaries in the TCM Classic Cruise forum here. They're listed below the Film Festival Forum. I'd really rather not say how much it cost.

Been there, done that.

The Festival was great except for some self-professed "experts" who tried to countermand the TCM agenda.

I totally concur with that statement. I have met a lot of nice people on the cruises, but there are some I find insufferable. They may find me the same way, but I usually keep to myself when I go.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings