Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone know Ben Mankiewiz favorite movies?

spence

It's kinda' strange & the complete opposite of not only Robert 0sborne, but most film critics and buffs

there's really no listing of TCM's Ben Mankiewicz' & his own personal favs in cinema history?

All I ever found was>

*"West Side Story"

*"Ben-Hur" (l959 version)

*"All About Eve"

& 1998's "0ut of Sight"

& have heard him mention  Steve McQueen as his favorite actor a few times & somewhat *Oscar winner Lee Marvin

I have kept files on everything cinematic long before the internet & wanted to add his to that list :unsure:

Thanks 

It's kinda' strange & the complete opposite of not only Robert 0sborne, but most film critics and buffs

there's really no listing of TCM's Ben Mankiewicz' & his own personal favs in cinema history?

All I ever found was>

*"West Side Story"

*"All About Eve"

& 1998's "0ut of Sight"

& have heard him mention  Steve McQueen as his favorite actor a few times & somewhat *Oscar winner Lee Marvin

I have kept files on everything cinematic long before the internet & wanted to add his to that list :unsure:

Thanks 

His selection of ALL ABOUT EVE indicates some possible family favoritism. I'd be skeptical about any list of his.

All I ever found was>

*"West Side Story"

*"All About Eve"

& 1998's "0ut of Sight"

Thanks 

I heard he likes the movie "Ben" but without any songs by Michael Jackson.

His selection of ALL ABOUT EVE indicates some possible family favoritism. I'd be skeptical about any list of his.

Ben was 30 when he first saw the movie Citizen Kane.  He had heard about it all his life, but he never felt ready to see it until he was older.

Did he mention any of the movies ironed out by his cousin Tom Mankiewicz -- "Superman" (1978) and the James Bond films "Diamonds Are Forever" (1971), "Live and Let Die" (1973), "The Man with the Golden Gun" (1974), "The Spy Who Loved Me" (1977) and "Moonraker" (1979)?

image00.jpg

Screenwriter Tom Mankiewicz (1942-2010)

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings