Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Our latest page...the Top 100 Best Reviewed Westerns

So we recently got a request to do a movie page on the greatest westerns of all-time. After lots of research....this was our result. The Top 100 Westerns according to critics and movie going audiences. All on one page....no ads.....just western movie stats.

http://www.ultimatemovierankings.com/top-100-westerns/

So before you start mentioning all the movies not listed....this was our Western table worksheet.....over 250 westerns.

http://www.ultimatemovierankings.com/western-movies/

Just guessing but I think about 70% of the movies listed can be considered classics....though be warned there are some current westerns scattered about the pages.

As always...any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

I see the second list is at 258 films.

I didn't see these on either list:

"Two Mules For Sister Sara" (1970)--Shirley MacLaine & Clint Eastwood.

"The Shooting" (1967)--Millie Perkins and Warren Oates

"Ride in the Whirlwind" (1967)--Millie Perkins and Warren Oates; (TS & RitW were shot back to back)  

That's all I can think of for now. :)  

• Like 1

Hi, ClassicMovieRankings.

This was a huge undertaking  and it was a good idea to do two pages.

As I said on your website, I have seen 76 of the top 100 movies as they originally were ranked.

I had seen 139 movies of the other list.

Four more I didn't see:

"The Hallelujah Trail" (1965)--comic Western with Burt Lancaster and Lee Remick--fine Elmer Bernstein score.

"Duel at Diablo" (1966)--Western with James Garner and Sidney Poitier.

"The Scalphunters" (1968)--Comic Western with Burt Lancaster, Ossie Davis,& Shelley Winters.

"The Stalking Moon" (1969)--Western with Gregory Peck & Eva Marie Saint. 

There are two lists remember. There are the Top 100 Westerns according to his formula.

Then there are all the Western Movies he ranked period on the other page with the following exceptions;

1. He excluded musical westerns which he considered a separate genre

2. He also excluded westerns that were set during the present era when they were filmed, for example some people consider Bad Day at Bad Rock a western and yet it is for certain set right after world war two and NOT therefore the old west.

3. this other list continues to grow.

4. Congratulations CMR on reaching such a huge number of views on these two pages in such a short time. These genre pages - which are a huge undertaking - really are the most popular pages you do.

So we recently got a request to do a movie page on the greatest westerns of all-time. After lots of research....this was our result. The Top 100 Westerns according to critics and movie going audiences. All on one page....no ads.....just western movie stats.

http://www.ultimatemovierankings.com/top-100-westerns/

So before you start mentioning all the movies not listed....this was our Western table worksheet.....over 250 westerns.

http://www.ultimatemovierankings.com/western-movies/

Just guessing but I think about 70% of the movies listed can be considered classics....though be warned there are some current westerns scattered about the pages.

As always...any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have seen fifty of the westerns, and how nice to see THE REVENANT 2015 and DJANGO UNCHAINED 2012 included. Many of the westerns that James Stewart made with director Anthony Mann are included. THE BIG COUNTRY 1958 deserved to be in the Top Ten. My favorite Gregory Peck western, a superb supporting cast Charlton Heston, Jean Simmons, Carroll Baker, Charles Bickford, Chuck Connors, and Oscar winner Burl Ives. The soundtrack encompasses the whole film,and the Jerome Moross score is a classic.

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings