Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have You Noticed How, In The Comedies Of 5-5-2016, ...

Palmerin

... the romantic and musical relief take up so much screen time that the comedians themselves are often little more than supporting comedy relief?

Yes, often when I watch certain Marx Brothers films, I fast-forward past the songs of the romantic leads.  Too schmaltzy for me.  I did the same last night watching "The Old Fashioned Way" with W.C. Fields.

• Like 2

Yes, often when I watch certain Marx Brothers films, I fast-forward past the songs of the romantic leads.  Too schmaltzy for me.  I did the same last night watching "The Old Fashioned Way" with W.C. Fields.

Funny but long ago when I was taping movies I taped all of the Marx Brothers 30s films without any of the songs of the romantic leads.   But hey,  I also taped YES songs removing most of the singing.     The original band had some great musicians but the high pitched voice of the singer drove me up a wall.   

• Like 1

But hey,  I also taped YES songs removing most of the singing.     The original band had some great musicians but the high pitched voice of the singer drove me up a wall.   

My ex felt the same way about Yes who happens to be a favorite of mine so I usually listened to them on my headphones. I can't stand to listen to Rush as their lead singer Geddy Lee gets on my nerves. I do like Neil Peart's drumming though but not enough to own a single one of their recordings.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings