Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

To Have And Have Not BluRay Petition

RJMacReady

I know WBA can fickle about what is going to be released. TBS and KL were not on the BluRay WB Archives release list, and they said they had no plans to do so (in 2014). Now, TBS, KL and DP are all available on BluRay. Huzzah! Why is THAHN being passed over? Out of the four HB/LB films, THAHN has got to be the most important, and entertaining. It is surely a better film than Dark Passage, which WAS transferred to BluRay. There really should have been a 4 movie collector's BluRay box set, with each film having a dedicated disc of outakes, bloopers, set photos, commentaries, etc... The 480i DVD "Bogie & Bacall: The Signature Collection" contains few extras, which I'm certain true fans are eager to have. Does anyone know the rationale behind the omission of THAHN from the WBA BluRay releases? I hope they are saving the best for last, and will dazzle us with a deluxe edition. It is an historic film in many ways. The 480i video quality leaves a lot to be desired. Please email WBA and request this release. I am on their newsletter mailing list, and no mention has been made of a pending, or even under consideration, release of THAHN on BluRay. That is the one I really want to see in 1080p, pumping out about 35MB/sec of data. My biggest dread is that they simply don't possess a print of the film in good enough condition to properly upscale to BluRay specs. Seeing the film upgraded by the Faroujda chip in my high end BluRay player does not come close to a frame by frame restoration and upconversion.    RJMpost-34550-0-52491000-1462491450_thumb.jpg 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings