Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

High School Hellcats

Janet0312

I have to share this with you guys because we all need a laugh once in a while.

Charter Cable gave the film 1 1/2 stars out of a possible 4.

Here's the cable guide review:

"From the 'my-parents-never-cared-so-I-went-wrong school'."

And, brother, did they ever!

• Like 2

I have to share this with you guys because we all need a laugh once in a while.

Charter Cable gave the film 1 1/2 stars out of a possible 4.

Here's the cable guide review:

"From the 'my-parents-never-cared-so-I-went-wrong school'."

And, brother, did they ever!

Any film with Brett Halsey (of "Return To Peyton Place" and "The Best Of Everything" fame) deserves at least a look-see.  

I own HSH but an even better J.D. film is "Teenage Doll" from 1957 which pits one girl gang against the other. The Black Widows versus the Vandals and any movie with Fay Spain you just know is gonna be GREAT!

Here's the IMDB synopsis:

Teenage Doll (1957)

A delinquent girls' gang pursues a nice ingenue linked romantically to the male leader of a rival gang, and apparently to the murder of one of their members.

• Like 1

Any film with Brett Halsey (of "Return To Peyton Place" and "The Best Of Everything" fame) deserves at least a look-see.  

The Best of Everything... Is that the film with Joan Crawford working at a publisher and the office parties where men are pinching women, liquor flowing out of the office water cooler? Years ago, I came across two office people - the girl was sitting on her boss's lap and planting smooches on him. I started them, but it didn't seem to make much difference. They kept right on going. Later in the year, I went to this man about my 401K, as he was working in that department. Boy, was he embarrassed.

I remember office parties similar to this movie. Well, the place I worked at used to have a summer gathering. Oh, boy! Actually, the Christmas parties were even worse! Funny what likker does to people...

• Like 2

I'm a big fan of 50's-60's juvie films and frankly, Roger Corman's are some of the most enjoyable of the time period. For some reason his seem to straddle the line being just good enough to entertain while bad enough for a few laughs. 

The worst 50's-60's juvie films belong to Ed Wood who just couldn't get a coherent story together, while better actors can elevate a juvie film like HIGH SCHOOL CONFIDENTIAL and GIRLS TOWN.

• Like 3

I remember seeing an old '50's (what'd Tiki call them..."Juvie" flicks) "JD"  movie called THE COOL AND THE CRAZY.

Haven't seen it for many years, but as I recall, a guy named Benny, the new kid at school, gets the local gang "hooked" on pot!  :D

There's a scene in which the gang members are hangin' out at the malt shop, and gripping their sides in pain, wondering, "When is Benny gonna get here with the "M"?  :D

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings