Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Liza is probably in mourning due to the demise of her ex!!

Um, you do recall the deets on how that marriage ended?

I think Liza is probably still cabbage-patching from the news.

ps- it is weird how his death came and went with such little notice from the media.

• Like 1

Um, you do recall the deets on how that marriage ended?

I think Liza is probably still cabbage-patching from the news.

ps- it is weird how his death came and went with such little notice from the media.

Yes, I do! (remember) LOL.

if David Gest happened to die in a secluded lodge in Utah during a blizzard, and Liza was also in the hotel, along with Lorna Luft, Tina Sinatra, Barry Manilow, and- oh let's just say Rip Taylor- while Jessica Fletcher was there in a book tour, it would be

EPIC GREATNESS.

• Like 2

if David Gest happened to die in a secluded lodge in Utah during a blizzard, and Liza was also in the hotel, along with Lorna Luft, Barry Manilow, and- oh let's just say Rip Taylor- while Jessica Fletcher was there in a book tour, it would be

EPIC GREATNESS.

LMREO.

• Like 1

Actually Lorna (Luft) did appear in a Murder, She Wrote episode once. She played the daughter of (I think) Vivian Blaine.....

I recall this episode hazily.

ALSO- IF BRENDA VACCARO COULD BE STAYING AT THE SKI LODGE, IT WOULD BE THE BEST!

I recall this episode hazily.

ALSO- IF BRENDA VACCARO COULD BE STAYING AT THE SKI LODGE, IT WOULD BE THE BEST!

LOL. She was on several episodes..........

51Itphl33uL.jpg

The absolute greatest take on Honore de Balzac's work ever put on film!

Margaret Tyzack is even better than she was in the "I, Claudius" Masterpiece Theatre production.

A tale of revenge that proves the saying that it is best served cold.

• Like 1

It's Bet-ee Davis and Bet Midler. How is this name usually pronounced?

Bet-tee for the first and Bet for the second.

But in French it would just be Bet for Bette.

There's also actress Betta St. John who was in films like "City of the Dead" with Christopher Lee.

i'll never forget bette midler doing an interview where she mentioned that she was named for bette davis and finally got to meet her at a big HOLLYWOOD luncheon some time in the mid-eighties.

according to Midler she had just given birth to her daughter and did not look her best and davis just DRESSED HER DOWN for it. she said davis was "awful" and it was one of the worst experiences of her life.

I believe it is pronounced "Bet." I remember reading in a random Bette Davis biography that a fortune teller or something told Bette she would become famous (I don't know if this is actual fact; it was a while ago that I read this) and her family friend persuaded her to change her name from Ruth Elizabeth to Bette from Balzac's work "Cousin Bette." I believe people mispronounced the name (instead of "Bet" they said "Bett-ee") and she just stuck with it.

This is from imdb (about Bette Midler)

The last syllable of her first name is unpronounced because her mother thought that was how Bette Davis pronounced her name.

I don't know; just felt like contributing my own "two cents" to this thread.

I believe it is pronounced "Bet." I remember reading in a random Bette Davis biography that a fortune teller or something told Bette she would become famous (I don't know if this is actual fact; it was a while ago that I read this) and her family friend persuaded her to change her name from Ruth Elizabeth to Bette from Balzac's work "Cousin Bette." I believe people mispronounced the name (instead of "Bet" they said "Bett-ee") and she just stuck with it.

This is from imdb (about Bette Midler)

The last syllable of her first name is unpronounced because her mother thought that was how Bette Davis pronounced her name.

I don't know; just felt like contributing my own "two cents" to this thread.

And a great two cents it was, N&N!

It reminds me of the time Dionne Warwicke went to a numerologist who told her to either take off the final "e" of her name, or add it. I can't remember which way it went but she did and I believe years later returned to the original spelling.

Apparently it did not help her career, but good to know that Bette's did, but she probably would have been successful if she was named Bertha Davis too.

i'll never forget bette midler doing an interview where she mentioned that she was named for bette davis and finally got to meet her at a big HOLLYWOOD luncheon some time in the mid-eighties.

according to Midler she had just given birth to her daughter and did not look her best and davis just DRESSED HER DOWN for it. she said davis was "awful" and it was one of the worst experiences of her life.

LOL. I hadn't heard that.......... Yeah, she was named after her. Her sisters after Judy Garland and Susan Hayward. Her mother's favorite stars. (trivia).

And a great two cents it was, N&N!

It reminds me of the time Dionne Warwicke went to a numerologist who told her to either take off the final "e" of her name, or add it. I can't remember which way it went but she did and I believe years later returned to the original spelling.

Apparently it did not help her career, but good to know that Bette's did, but she probably would have been successful if she was named Bertha Davis too.

Maybe, but I would draw the line at Hortense Davis.