Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whatever Happened to the TCM Backlot Thread?

sewhite2000

Haven't been a regular around here recently. I noticed I can't find the TCM Backlot thread anywhere, not even doing a search for it. I assume the moderators were displeased with all the smarmy humor and negative comments and disappeared it. Was any reason given for its termination, or did all of you just wake up one morning and notice it was gone?

Haven't been a regular around here recently. I noticed I can't find the TCM Backlot thread anywhere, not even doing a search for it. I assume the moderators were displeased with all the smarmy humor and negative comments and disappeared it. Was any reason given for its termination, or did all of you just wake up one morning and notice it was gone?

Smarmy humor and negative comments pervades a lot of threads, but in this case, they were directed at TCM.

Well, they've given us some leeway with ouR (largely negative) opinions on the whole Wine Club and "Let's Movie!" campaigns, so I can't complain too much.

I never checked in to the Backlot thread nor do I know what the concept is all about, but sometimes we're a little crotchety when it comes to promos and changes and anything that seems like advertising starting up on TCM.

SansFin, how did you do that? Did you save it before it was removed, or if it hasn't been removed, why can't I find it in any way besides clicking your link? I see no one's posted on it in six days, which still leaves me to believe it's been closed. I looked all the way to Page Four. Am I just missing it, or do you have some special power to provide links to closed threads?

Huh, no, son of a gun, never mind, I looked at Page Four again, and it's there. I'm not very observant, I guess.

Okay, never mind. It had been such an active thread, I couldn't comprehend it had plummeted that far that quickly. People just got tired of talking about it, I guess. No fascist "disappearing" of thread after all (though it's happened before!).

In the words of Emily Litella ... "Never mind".

• Like 1

Huh, no, son of a gun, never mind, I looked at Page Four again, and it's there. I'm not very observant, I guess.

I do not rely on observation. I open several pages by using: 'load more' option at bottom of list of threads. I then use browser's: 'Find on this Page' feature to search for word in title of thread. 

I find that this makes for rapid search because I am not distracted by looking at: subjects of threads and opening a few to see last comments.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings