Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Time Warner Cable Acquisition by Charter Approved by FCC

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/26/technology/charter-time-warner-cable-bright-house-cable-deal.html?_r=0

How does this relate to Turner Classic Movies, you may ask.  Not to bore everyone, but Time Warner Cable is probably the largest cable company that so far has not supported the WatchTCM service.  Now that this deal has been approved, those of us who are TWC customers may finally have hope for gaining access to TCM movies streaming over WatchTCM once Charter and Time Warner Cable are merged.

(For those that may be unaware, Time Warner Cable was separated from the company that runs Turner Classic Movies a while back, so they are independent from each other.  It did seem strange that TWC as a former partner of TCM did not support TCM streaming.)

• Like 1

I'll never have either service so it doesn't affect me. I'm waiting to see how this TCM partnership deal works out. If TCM ends up with a stand alone streaming service, That would make that merger almost obsolete to me.

Thanks for your reply Gerald.  Are you referring to the Criterion partnership that was announced recently?  (Thanks to Barton_Keyes for posting this info.)  I am also interested in seeing how this develops.  Sounds like perhaps it will be similar to the Warner Archive streaming service which opens up their library to on-demand viewing.  I must admit that I do have concerns if this will reduce the showing of Criterion titles on TCM, which I do enjoy.  Hopefully they will continue to allow TCM to show the occasional Criterion film.

I have also read here that TCM is currently supported as a pay add-on channel for the Sling TV streaming service, so TCM seems to be dipping their toes in the water of direct streaming.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings