Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Joan Fontaine in "Born To Be Bad"

Thoroughly enjoyed this film recently on TCM but......Joan Fontaine was very unattractive in this one.  She looked so mousy and plain plus her posture was horrible,  flat chested in the front and her body actually looked concave from the back and that horrible haircut....oy vey!

• Like 1

Interesting take, Debra. I actually thought she looked pretty good. Yes, she was sort of flat-chested but I kind of liked her hair (the blonde contrasting with Joan Leslie's dark tresses) and I didn't notice her posture. Anyway, I thought this was a pretty decent movie. Besides the always-excellent Robert Ryan, I liked Mel Ferrer and Zachary Scott's performances. Scott is one of those actors I have grown to appreciate more and more over the years.

• Like 1

Interesting take, Debra. I actually thought she looked pretty good. Yes, she was sort of flat-chested but I kind of liked her hair (the blonde contrasting with Joan Leslie's dark tresses) and I didn't notice her posture. Anyway, I thought this was a pretty decent movie. Besides the always-excellent Robert Ryan, I liked Mel Ferrer and Zachary Scott's performances. Scott is one of those actors I have grown to appreciate more and more over the years.

Joan Leslie was so beautiful and vibrant it just made Fonataine pale in comparison....literally. 

Debra, I agree with you about Joan Leslie.  In fact, I'm so fond of her that I keep wondering how anyone could choose not to be with her.  In addition to her natural beauty, she has the most wonderful speaking voice.  And so talented!

Terrence.

• Like 1

Debra, I agree with you about Joan Leslie.  In fact, I'm so fond of her that I keep wondering how anyone could choose not to be with her.  In addition to her natural beauty, she has the most wonderful speaking voice.  And so talented!

Terrence.

I'm a big fan of Joan Leslie;  yes, that natural unforced beauty that shines especially when she smiles.    But as for 'how anyone could choose not to be with her';  well they didn't have a choice - the screenwriter decides such things!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings