Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a movie about a rich guy with insanity in family

LsDoorMat

I thought the movie starred George Peppard, but I didn't see anything that rang a bell over at imdb in his filmography. It was an early 60's movie about a very callous rich guy who basically pushes his wife away from him after she has a daughter. He does not want to see the daughter. I think that the problem was that he had a twin that was insane and institutionalized, and he was afraid that would be his fate and possibly the fate of any children that he had. I think he had a violent streak in him too that frightened him. Does anybody have any ideas as to the name of this film? Thanks ahead of time.

It's THE CARPETBAGGERS and it does star George Peppard. Alan Ladd, Martha Hyer, Robert Cummings. Elizabeth Ashley played the wife he has the child with, Lew Ayres and Carroll Baker. The Carpetbaggers is a veiled take-off on Howard Hughes( that's the part Peppard plays) and it's also suppose to be the follow-up to Nevada Smith, although the film preceeded Nevada Smith. Alan Ladd plays the older Nevada Smith part that Steve McQueen played as the younger man. Hope that helps

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings