Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

needed: space cadet programmers

NipkowDisc

take me for instance. I'm open-minded. enough to watch one of them late sunday nite silents if it be something interestin'. but when it ain't!....

that's when an outfit like tcm causes viewers to vamoose. they'll turn to somethin' better or just plain make it themselves like I do.

just burned a disc I did. got some funny as heck carol burnett skits offa youtube and mario bava's overlooked science fiction gem caltiki, the immortal monster, the SCARY blob movie.

a gem like that might as well not even exist as far as tcm is concerned.

when it comes to horror/sci-fi, their slackness runs deep.

"I can't do a thing with the enterprise now. she's bound to drift! -scotty, 3rd season ep 'the tholian web'

24phons.jpg

kinda like a stagnatin' film coffer. :lol:

I think TCM has a wide variety of something for everyone, especially the past couple months. I'm very happy with the programming and if they're playing something I don't care for, I tune into something else. Case closed.

• Like 1

I want to interview for the Space Cadet Programming position, Nip.

I am suitably qualified, have a space suit and many references.

I promise to immediately put the Caltiki movie on the schedule on my month of Bava festival!

One man's better is another mans worse.

I find it hard to imagine anyone with a cable service that provides over 300+ channels CAN'T find anything else to watch on "Silent Sundays"

I have at least enough DVDs and old VHS tapes to fall back on if other programming elsewhere is devoid of anything interesting, which really doesn't happen that often.

It seems TCM must get enough positive feedback from it's viewers concerning "Silent Sunday Nights" that they continue with it.  I really don't think anyone at TCM headquarters loses any sleep in worrying whether  NIP is happy with the programming or not.  Sometimes, it seems that they don't worry whether or not I'M happy, and I understand that.  They often, and unwittingly, DO make me happy, so it all evens out.

Sepiatone

I find it hard to imagine anyone with a cable service that provides over 300+ channels CAN'T find anything else to watch on "Silent Sundays"

I have at least enough DVDs and old VHS tapes to fall back on if other programming elsewhere is devoid of anything interesting, which really doesn't happen that often.

It seems TCM must get enough positive feedback from it's viewers concerning "Silent Sunday Nights" that they continue with it.  I really don't think anyone at TCM headquarters loses any sleep in worrying whether  NIP is happy with the programming or not.  Sometimes, it seems that they don't worry whether or not I'M happy, and I understand that.  They often, and unwittingly, DO make me happy, so it all evens out.

Sepiatone

tcm are slackers big time. take the passing of christopher lee. what did they do? showed their chopped up americanized print of the first dracula film from 1958...

I woulda shown the 2012 restored BFI print with the original british title and complete dracula sunlight disintegration scene that tcm's aging americanized print doan have.

horror and science fiction is not tcm's main focus and they continue to demonstrate this by their slackness and unwillingness (apathy or just plain disinterest) in presenting the best possible product.

they should be embarrassed to have shown that lousy print of Frenchman's Creek.

• Like 1

Sepiatone

I love love love Silent Sunday Nights and its fare.

I will go way out on a limb, a dangerous limb and say that anyone who does not appreciate at least some silents, is no real film fan.

So there, plebeians, have at me!

I love love love Silent Sunday Nights and its fare.

I will go way out on a limb, a dangerous limb and say that anyone who does not appreciate at least some silents, is no real film fan.

So there, plebeians, have at me!

I'm not a fan of silents, but it is a good thing that TCM shows them for the many people who do enjoy them. I happened upon one of Buster Keaton's recently and thought how incredible the stunts were and the "special effects". Then there's all that history, the beautiful California scenery, the way people dressed...

• Like 1

NipkowDisc:  I think TCM should run Mel Brooks' 1976 film 'SILENT MOVIE' on a continuous 24-hour 'loop'.  Just for you!  :)

I have no issue with 'Silent Sundays'; better that than some of those musicals with the ear-splitting opera-style of singing I've run across with Nelson and Jeannette.

Perhaps TCM will show that old Canadian movie from 1919 with Nell Shipman again.  Think it was called 'BACK TO GOD'S COUNTRY'?

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings