Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mockery

CaveGirl

Having never seen the Lon Chaney film "Mockery" I awaited it with anticipation last evening. It was worth the effort, and Chaney gave a performance worthy of a Dostoevsky novel's lead character.

As the peasant, Sergei who saves the life of Countess Tatiana, his ability to change slowly into the more cynical adversary for her love was masterfully conveyed. Chaney acts internally and performs with his whole body, but in very subtle gestures which would not be out of tune with even an actor today. One can feel his emotions even when only watching him from the back. The downtrodden nature of his innocent peasant character comes through the screen magnificently due to Chaney's visual mannerisms which probably are heightened due to his silent screen experience.

I also enjoyed seeing a very young Ricardo Cortez and Mack Swain. The only thing I did not like was the title, since "Mockery" did not seem to really typify the plot.

Anyone else watch?

• Like 1

You multiple threads e

Having never seen the Lon Chaney film "Mockery" I awaited it with anticipation last evening. It was worth the effort, and Chaney gave a performance worthy of a Dostoevsky novel's lead character.

As the peasant, Sergei who saves the life of Countess Tatiana, his ability to change slowly into the more cynical adversary for her love was masterfully conveyed. Chaney acts internally and performs with his whole body, but in very subtle gestures which would not be out of tune with even an actor today. One can feel his emotions even when only watching him from the back. The downtrodden nature of his innocent peasant character comes through the screen magnificently due to Chaney's visual mannerisms which probably are heightened due to his silent screen experience.

I also enjoyed seeing a very young Ricardo Cortez and Mack Swain. The only thing I did not like was the title, since "Mockery" did not seem to really typify the plot.

Anyone else watch?

Your multiple threads entitled "Mockery" are making a mockery of these boards.

Good lord, what is go

You multiple threads e

Good lord, what is going on here?

I hit the post button just once. I feel like I am under the auspices of the team from the "Outer Limits" and they are controlling the vertical, the horizontal and the post button.

You multiple threads e

At least they weren't in Korean... ;p

I can't comment on Mockery (the movie) yet, since it's sitting on the DVR, but I suspect that Mockery (the multi-threaded-dream-posts) might have something to do with the general slowness of the board over the last day or so - sometimes it takes an age for a page to load, or a post to show up.

I can't comment on Mockery (the movie) yet, since it's sitting on the DVR, but I suspect that Mockery (the multi-threaded-dream-posts) might have something to do with the general slowness of the board over the last day or so - sometimes it takes an age for a page to load, or a post to show up.

Right. It's not really worth the trouble to post, Bye for now.

Yep, thanks, Limey

Yep, thanks, Limey!

I am going to have to depart. If I wanted to be part of a mockumentary on posting or other oddities, I would pick being an extra in the "Spinal Tap Reunited" movie.

The TCM Message Board has become Hal, Junior.

Bye, all!

The Message Board has been slow to respond the past week.  I've found that when you hit Post, and if the status bar (3 roll of lights on top indicating saving post), stops blinking but don't change page, do the following.

Use the left mouse button to highlight EVERYTHING you typed and Copy. (This save to clipboard.)  Close the TCM's webpage and reopen, check and see if your post was saved, generally it does.  If not then redo and simply Paste.

I watched the first 15 minutes and found it boring.  Like Lon Chaney but everything don't appeal to me.

The Message Board has been slow to respond the past week.  I've found that when you hit Post, and if the status bar (3 roll of lights on top indicating saving post), stops blinking but don't change page, do the following.

Use the left mouse button to highlight EVERYTHING you typed and Copy. (This save to clipboard.)  Close the TCM's webpage and reopen, check and see if your post was saved, generally it does.  If not then redo and simply Paste.

I watched the first 15 minutes and found it boring.  Like Lon Chaney but everything don't appeal to me.

Hey, Hamradio, it's fine that you didn't care for "Mockery" since your tutorial was super!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings