Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GregoryPeckfan

Tornado Hitting Across 7 States - Posters Okay?

I've just been watching the  Vancouver news and I've learned that there has been a deadly tornado that swept across 7 States  and  has killed two people from Oklahoma.

Just as Lawrence started the Canada on Fire thread to find out how Canadian posters here on TCM forums are, I am starting this thread to ask people in the states that were hit by the tornado are they okay?

There has been some of the best up close camera shots of tornadoes to date. People risk life and limb to obtain these. :o

-------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by hamradio
  • Like 2

It was truly quite annoying. We were watching: NCIS and NCIS: New Orleans and at every commercial break they would instead talk of the weather and the alerts in the area and such. It was also that these updates were interrupted by EAS alerts which told much less than the information they interrupted and caused an annoying buzzing sound. 

The main tornado warnings in this area were slightly north of us. We received only a mild thunderstorm and perhaps half of an inch of rain.

It is perversely amusing that: National Weather Service had scheduled: Surviving the storm webinar May 10 2016 but had to cancel it because of the weather! ;)

• Like 1

It was truly quite annoying. We were watching: NCIS and NCIS: New Orleans and at every commercial break they would instead talk of the weather and the alerts in the area and such. It was also that these updates were interrupted by EAS alerts which told much less than the information they interrupted and caused an annoying buzzing sound. 

The main tornado warnings in this area were slightly north of us. We received only a mild thunderstorm and perhaps half of an inch of rain.

It is perversely amusing that: National Weather Service had scheduled: Surviving the storm webinar May 10 2016 but had to cancel it because of the weather! ;)

The Weather Network Canada has a series called Storm Chasers. Truly bizarre. I understand the concept of reporters being in the storm because that is their job - I remember watching Anderson Cooper on CNN always going to storm locals back in the days when I watched 24 Hour News Channels outside The Weather Network.  Now I can't watch 24 hour news channels because all I would do is sit in front of the TV because alternately depressed and frightened by the world conditions.

Watching the news in one hour segments is enough for me.

Glad to hear you are okay.

Watching the news in one hour segments is enough for me.

I thank you for your kind words.

We turn on the television as soon as we are sufficiently awake to find and handle the remote. We then turn to a news channel. If it is a commercial or some celebrity thing or some political thing then we turn the channel to: TCM because we know that there is no event sufficiently newsworthy that we need bother with it. That is the usual extent of our watching news. We both are each active on several forums where important information is posted quickly and in more reliable form than is likely to be found on any broadcast news channel.

• Like 1

I thank you for your kind words.

We turn on the television as soon as we are sufficiently awake to find and handle the remote. We then turn to a news channel. If it is a commercial or some celebrity thing or some political thing then we turn the channel to: TCM because we know that there is no event sufficiently newsworthy that we need bother with it. That is the usual extent of our watching news. We both are each active on several forums where important information is posted quickly and in more reliable form than is likely to be found on any broadcast news channel.

Yes, I find that these off-topic forums on TCM are the best way to find out news stories that I want to look up online for further information. 

Otherwise, the television is set to:

TCM

MeTV

Silver Screen Classics (a Canadian channel similar to TCM out of Ontario)

My PVR recordings

I also listen to a lot of music cds - like Sinatra.  I have 5 cds in my stereo at all times. I change them every now and then. But there is always at least one Sinatra cd in my stereo at all times.

I also listen to a lot of music cds - like Sinatra.  I have 5 cds in my stereo at all times. I change them every now and then. But there is always at least one Sinatra cd in my stereo at all times.

• Like 2

I have found that there were two tornadoes in: Kentucky.

http://www.weather.gov/pah/may10tornadoes

One was: EF-3 which is considered severe. It traveled for: nineteen miles and caused ten injuries.

DAMN!

Thanks for the update SansFin.

I'm really glad we have these off topic threads to keep in touch and share information about the safety of our fellow posters.

Anyone missing the snow? :D

One of their snow removal gadgets (that's getting creative)

8KeWWOi.jpg

• Like 2