Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can I post questions about TCM Shop

Hello,

New member...was wondering if I can post questions about TCM Shop here?

I see no forum category for TCM Shop.

Primarily questions about how TCM Shop ships dvds.

Thanks.

I've ordered from them only once. It was an exclusive 4-pack of Randolph Scott westerns. They came in a white plastic envelope but it might as well have been a sandwich bag. No padding or protection at all. The box was creased slightly and one of the discs was off the spindle.

Never again.

• Like 1

I've ordered twice. Both times the order was shipped in a small cardboard box, no padding. They arrived undamaged via US Postal Service. Both of my orders contained 4 separate DVD's each, so that may be why I got a box instead of an envelope.

I've ordered from them a couple times.  Once was just one DVD and it arrived in a padded bubble envelope.  Another time I got a couple things and they came in a small box with small air pillows to keep the product from moving around.  Both times the product arrived via USPS.  I haven't had any issues with my purchases.

Hello,

Thank you to all for the reply's.

I was wondering how TCM Shop ships dvds, especially box sets.

I purchased Mad About You Complete series box set from amazon. It was shipped in a paper envelop and was crushed in shipping. Called amazon to complain and was assured that a replacement would be sent in a cardboard shipping box. I received the 2nd shipment again in a paper envelop...crushed also. Both sets have disk damage also. The box set is just a paper box...Mill Creek Entertainment thought this would be good enough, Wrong.

So I thought I could get this here at TCM Shop and possibly receive this set in a shipping box. I emailed support at TCM and got a reply today, "Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that the package will be shipped in a box as the warehouse decides the shipping packaging once the order reaches the warehouse based on the size of the order.". So it looks like I'm not going to get this box set undamaged.

I guess the only thing I can do now is to reorder the box set plus a few other dvds to get this in a cardboard shipping box.

Thanks again everyone for the help.

I do not know if this is of assistance but: E. R. Hamilton Booksellers has: MAD ABOUT YOU: Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD for: $9.95.

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/Television-Radio/mad-about-you-seasons-1-2

I could not find in their listings DVDs for other seasons but their stock fluctuates wildly and they may have had others last week and may have others next week.

I have found them to be a very good source for: classic DVDs because of their low prices, fast shipments and reliable delivery. They use the same heavy boxes for shipping: DVDs as they use for shipping: hardcover books. The main downsides of them for me is ever-changing stock and only a few thousand titles. 

• Like 2

Thank you SansFin for your sugestion.

Visited the site, looks good, the prices are pretty good and shipping that way is a definite plus.

The Jack Lemon Showcase 4 Movie set for $3.95 from Mill Creek got me real interested.

Looking for other options, not to happy with amazon lately.

Thanks for the tip.

P.S. your signature made me laugh...good one. :P

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings