Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Las Vegas Story

ElCid

This movie has a lot going for it.  First of all, is the beautiful Jane Russell.  She gets to sing a little (which is always a plus) and looks as great as ever.  It's probably not considered a classic, but well worth spending 1 1/2 hours being entertained.

Terrence.

When I first saw this thread, I thought this film was going to star the Rat Pack. Who knows why. My brain is getting putrefied. Anyway, I tuned into TCM and realized I'd seen this flick before. I was taken aback somewhat that Charter had given it only two stars. I think it's a great movie. Yeah, maybe they film way too many close-ups of Jane Russell, but what the heck - she WAS gorgeous. I'm sure all you boys out there don't mind. She always wears the best gowns and has a pretty darn nice singing voice. She is sultry! I think I would have loved to had the op to sit and have a cocktail with her. She seems like a no BS kind of woman.

But anyway, I enjoyed the film. I thought the helicopter stunts were pretty amazing. Just a good flick on my happy day off.

Wait. Hoagie Carmichael rules!

• Like 2

When I first saw this thread, I thought this film was going to star the Rat Pack. Who knows why. My brain is getting putrefied. Anyway, I tuned into TCM and realized I'd seen this flick before. I was taken aback somewhat that Charter had given it only two stars. I think it's a great movie. Yeah, maybe they film way too many close-ups of Jane Russell, but what the heck - she WAS gorgeous. I'm sure all you boys out there don't mind. She always wears the best gowns and has a pretty darn nice singing voice. She is sultry! I think I would have loved to had the op to sit and have a cocktail with her. She seems like a no BS kind of woman.

But anyway, I enjoyed the film. I thought the helicopter stunts were pretty amazing. Just a good flick on my happy day off.

Wait. Hoagie Carmichael rules!

Yay, another Hoagy fan!

Can I join your fan club, Janet?

With all his good songs, why do I now want to go put on that one called "Hong Kong Blues"?

Yes, it is a much better film than the rating it gets.  I cannot remember how long ago I saw this film for the first time.

As for you thinking, Janet, that it would be about Sinatra and friends - this makes a lot of sense considering how often they performed in LV.

But  the morning movies were dedicating to gambling in general, not in a particular era.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings