Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

14 hours ago, jakeem said:

Even as Republicans on Capitol Hill bristle at Trump’s approach to trade policy, lawmakers have been carefully picking their battles ahead of the midterm elections, fearful of an aggressive response from the leader of their own party, reports @desiderioDC:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/republicans-bark-at-trumps-trade-approach-but-barely-bite?via=twitter_page

2GzCgJeR?format=jpg&name=600x314

"¿¡Quien es mas gordo y mas rojo!?"

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, jakeem said:

Since none of us knows much about Special Counsel Mueller's probe, it's a tad premature to say what the House and Senate will or won't do. Who would have guessed the GOP would back away from Obamacare this summer as a result of its newfound popularity?

When you consider Trump's increasingly erratic behavior, his base could erode the way Nixon's did in 1974. It's just a matter of time until we find out for sure.

I still believe Trump will be forced to resign because he's had his fingers in so many questionable pies. Once again, time will tell.

The primary results so far show that Trump still controls the Republican Party.  If you are not for Trump, you are out.  Ask Mark Sanford - never lost an election until yesterday.  He lost to a woman who had received last minute support from Trump.  Something similar happened in VA I think.

Nixon's support eroded when many Republicans were moderates or right of center conservatives.  More importantly the Dems controlled both the House and the Senate.  There was no firewall such as Trump has with a GOP Senate majority.

"Who would have guessed the GOP would back away from Obamacare..."  Do you back away from repealing it?  Based on what DOJ just decided to do, they are merely changing how they will cause it to self-destruct.

I just don't see Trump leaving any way other than resigning and I don't see Trump as being able to swallow resigning.  Best hope is that in 2019 he will announce he is not running for reelection because he accomplished everything he wanted to and America is Great Again.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Vautrin said:

I couldn't recall her name, but the ad was pretty funny. I really haven't been paying much

attention to the SC race or the polls. I was under the impression that McMaster was

pretty popular and would avoid a runoff, but maybe not.

McMaster was a US attorney and then state Atty. Gen. In the past, he lost when he ran for governor in primaries.  He is not all that popular, but he can take credit for a lot of economic activity that would have occurred if SC did not have a governor.

Ironically he only got about 45% of the vote and Warren, the mortgage company multi-millonaire, came in second. Templeton lost.

14 hours ago, jakeem said:

Brad Parscale Retweeted Jim Acosta

Dear Jim. It isn’t about the constitution. It’s about respect. He won the presidency not you. Go win it yourself if you need it all about you.

Respect is a two-way street.  Donald Trump did not respect President Obama, and has proven himself disrespectful of other world leaders and of our Constitution, laws and institutions.  He has not earned any respect.

Otoh, Jim Acosta has my respect for doing his job.  None of this is about him, but about the sorry authoritarian figure who has hijacked our country, along with his fellow authoritarian leader Vladimir Putin.  His continued attack on the free press is to cower them from doing their job, which is to report the scandalously horrible way Trump is doing his.

PS....Despite what Trump thinks, says and does, the Presidency is NOT all about "you".  It is all about the country and the people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-13/trump-says-north-korea-poses-no-nuclear-threat-despite-weapons

Trump Says North Korea Poses No Nuclear Threat, Despite Weapons

President Donald Trump declared that North Korea no longer posed a nuclear threat, even though Kim Jong Un hasn’t committed to a timetable for giving up his regime’s weapons.

“Everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office,” Trump said on Twitter Wednesday shortly after arriving back in Washington from his meetings in Singapore with Kim. “There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea.”

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

GOP strategist Rick Wilson on CNN today when asked what Donald Trump would be thinking when he hears that Michael Cohen has split with his own legal team:

"SWEET JESUS, HE KNOWS WHERE THE BODIES ARE BURIED AND STILL HAS THE TARP IN THE TRUNK OF HIS CAR!"

trump-donald-worriedjpg.jpg

• Haha 4

Sarah Boxer Retweeted Philip Rucker

WashPost: "the White House did not extend a formal offer because there was worry if it happened, and Manchin turned it down, that could make it difficult for the president to campaign against the senator, one White House official said."

An undocumented immigrant from Honduras sobbed as she told an attorney how federal authorities took her daughter while she breastfed the child in a detention center, where she was awaiting prosecution for entering the country illegally

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/us/immigration-separated-children-southern-border/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_medium=social&utm_content=2018-06-13T21%3A07%3A11&utm_term=link

d94lUc21?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Sad 1

Jeff Flake on the Senate floor: "We continue to act here as if all is normal, and that all parties are observing norms. Even as the executive branch shatters them – robustly trafficking in conspiracy theories and attacking all institutions that don’t pay the president obeisance."

Image result for jeff flake senate floor speech

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheCid said:

McMaster was a US attorney and then state Atty. Gen. In the past, he lost when he ran for governor in primaries.  He is not all that popular, but he can take credit for a lot of economic activity that would have occurred if SC did not have a governor.

Ironically he only got about 45% of the vote and Warren, the mortgage company multi-millonaire, came in second. Templeton lost.

I thought he was more popular than he apparently was. Of course that's just my impression from

very limited knowledge. I guess with Templeton out there will be no more You're fired commercials.

I got a kick out of those. 

Of course Donny was the one who helped give some people the idea

that war might be on the way with his idiotic and aggressive tweets. 

• Thanks 2

Corey Stewart, the man who built his image on championing Confederate symbols and made joint appearances with the white nationalist who organized the Charlottesville white supremacist rally, won the Republican Senate nomination in Virginia. He was endorsed by President Trump

Image result for jake tapper the lead corey stewart

• Sad 2

"No one is happy to see him, but a silver lining is to show there is a large group of people who won't stand for discrimination." —A Progress Ohio spokesperson on Mike Pence's #PrideTwitterOpen_Pride2018.png weekend visit to Ohio

https://www.thedailybeast.com/big-lgbtq-dance-party-to-greet-mike-pence-in-ohio-this-pride-weekend/?via=twitter_page

t6j1KbYX?format=jpg&name=600x314