Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Their new chant should be We've been trumped.

The media assumes this as well.  E.g. CNN compared the video Trump made about what his priorities will be and compared this to what he said during the campaign.   Their talking-heads noticed there was no mention of a wall!   OH MY!!!!   WHAT NO WALL????!!!???

Ok that might disappoint hardcore Trump supporters but just like the Dems, what can they do about it but get angry or cry.   I really don't think Trump not doing the extreme things he said he would do will make many of these hardcore Trump supporters vote for Dems in 2018 or 2020.

I assume what is really bugging you is that this stunt of his worked and helped get him elected.  THAT bugs me as well,  but as I said the election if over so I don't see a need to dwell on it.     

I don't see a problem in continuing to post about Trump's whoppers in a Trump whoppers thread.

• Like 3

The media assumes this as well.  E.g. CNN compared the video Trump made about what his priorities will be and compared this to what he said during the campaign.   Their talking-heads noticed there was no mention of a wall!   OH MY!!!!   WHAT NO WALL????!!!???

Ok that might disappoint hardcore Trump supporters but just like the Dems, what can they do about it but get angry or cry.   I really don't think Trump not doing the extreme things he said he would do will make many of these hardcore Trump supporters vote for Dems in 2018 or 2020.

One factor is how much his supporters actually believed he would

do what he said and how many supported him because he was

giving a "middle finger" to the status quo and didn't care if he

followed through on it. This was hyped as a change election and

Trump was hyped as an outsider who was not your usual politician.

Now it turns out he is your usual politician and the change is likely

to be the usual change when one party takes over from the other.

Maybe not that many people really cared if he did what he said

he would do. We'll see in the coming years.

• Like 1

We'll seen soon enough when he doesnt deliver what his poll numbers are........

I think they cared about what he said but in a more general way then the specifics.    E.g. with illegal immigration and the wall.   As long as ICE can provide stats that show the number of deportations has increased  and that the number of illegal entries has decreased 'a lot;' compared to under Obama,  I assume most Trumpers will be satisfied with that.

Same with China;   If Trump can reduce the trade deficit with China I assume Trumpers will view this as success. 

But yes,  we can't know how they will react until at least the 2018 (because impacting how someone votes is all that really matters in politics).

I think they cared about what he said but in a more general way then the specifics.    E.g. with illegal immigration and the wall.   As long as ICE can provide stats that show the number of deportations has increased  and that the number of illegal entries has decreased 'a lot;' compared to under Obama,  I assume most Trumpers will be satisfied with that.

Same with China;   If Trump can reduce the trade deficit with China I assume Trumpers will view this as success. 

But yes,  we can't know how they will react until at least the 2018 (because impacting how someone votes is all that really matters in politics).

General is about the only thing that's left now that he's backpedaling

like an Olympic hopeful. I would LMKO if when the numbers come in

Obama deported more illegals in a year than Donny does. The Obama

administration did cook the books--they counted as deportees folks

who had just been caught recently not those who had been here for

years.

This is the single most dangerous thing Donald Trump said in his New York Times interview

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/22/this-is-the-single-most-dangerous-thing-donald-trump-said-in-his-new-york-times-interview/?tid=pm_politics_pop

It looks like Trump's promise to put his business empire at TRUE arm's length is shaping up to be just another whopper.  I would add that the public are unlikely to ever see his tax returns even though he promised to release them once the audits were done.  My prediction is that Trump will quickly become the most corrupt person to be president in U.S. history.

• Like 2

Trump now says he is willing to keep an open mind on climate change. It may not be a Chinese hoax, after all?   Hold old is he?  He IS the president-elect, is he not?  And this subject is new to him?    What a maroon.

his supporters know he is not a saint...

maybe, just maybe Bogie56, their intention was not to vote for a saint but a doer, an accomplisher and just not some skilled orator slash pontificator.

I think we done good.  :)

Actually most of the people who voted for him will consider a success if he says it is whether it is or not.  Same with the GOPers in the House and Senate.

This is the single most dangerous thing Donald Trump said in his New York Times interview

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/22/this-is-the-single-most-dangerous-thing-donald-trump-said-in-his-new-york-times-interview/?tid=pm_politics_pop

It looks like Trump's promise to put his business empire at TRUE arm's length is shaping up to be just another whopper.  I would add that the public are unlikely to ever see his tax returns even though he promised to release them once the audits were done.  My prediction is that Trump will quickly become the most corrupt person to be president in U.S. history.

And they thought Hillary was corrupt! :D

Bogie56:   You will be happy to know that the lead story in the L.A. Times today is:

Flip-flopping en route to the White House - Trump shifts on key campaign promises including climate change, torture and prosecuting Clinton.

So don't worry the media is going to expose Trump for every policy shift he makes (which will be many).

The people he fooled were Trump supporters who really believe him.    These fools along with the 'anyone but Clinton' voters and the fact many folks that voted for Obama decided to stay home is the reason Trump is President-Elect.

Bogie56:   You will be happy to know that the lead story in the L.A. Times today is:

Flip-flopping en route to the White House - Trump shifts on key campaign promises including climate change, torture and prosecuting Clinton.

Actually, Trump now believes that climate change is real, and that anyone who doesn't should be waterboarded ... this according to his just-named Secretary of Torture, Hillary Clinton.

A fantastic article in the Washington Post that gets to the nitty-gritty of the empty promises that Trump made to the white working class.  Click on the link and read it in its entirety.

How long before the white working class realizes Trump was just scamming them?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/11/23/how-long-before-the-white-working-class-realizes-trump-was-just-scamming-them/?tid=pm_opinions_pop&utm_term=.ed520e09c6fc

the Trump administration and congressional Republicans are getting ready to move on their highest priorities, cutting taxes for the wealthy, scrapping oversight on Wall Street, and lightening regulations on big corporations.

Imagine you’re one of those folks who went to Trump rallies and thrilled to his promises to take America back from the establishment.

If you have any sense, you’re coming to the realization that it was all a scam. You got played. While you were chanting “Lock her up!” he was laughing at you for being so gullible. While you were dreaming about how you’d have an advocate in the Oval Office, he was dreaming about how he could use it to make himself richer. He hasn’t even taken office yet and everything he told you is already being revealed as a lie.

So what are we left with? What remains is Trump’s erratic whims, his boundless greed, and the core of Republican policies Congress will pursue, which are most definitely not geared toward the interests of working class whites. He can gut environmental regulations, but that doesn’t mean millions of people are going to head back to the coal mines — it was market forces more than anything else that led to coal’s decline. He can renegotiate trade deals, but that doesn’t mean that the labor-intensive factory jobs are coming back. And by the way, the high wages, good benefits, and job security those jobs used to offer? That was thanks to labor unions, which Republicans are now going to try to destroy once and for all.

• Like 1

A fantastic article in the Washington Post that gets to the nitty-gritty of the empty promises that Trump made to the white working class.  Click on the link and read it in its entirety.

How long before the white working class realizes Trump was just scamming them?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/11/23/how-long-before-the-white-working-class-realizes-trump-was-just-scamming-them/?tid=pm_opinions_pop&utm_term=.ed520e09c6fc

the Trump administration and congressional Republicans are getting ready to move on their highest priorities, cutting taxes for the wealthy, scrapping oversight on Wall Street, and lightening regulations on big corporations.

Imagine you’re one of those folks who went to Trump rallies and thrilled to his promises to take America back from the establishment.

If you have any sense, you’re coming to the realization that it was all a scam. You got played. While you were chanting “Lock her up!” he was laughing at you for being so gullible. While you were dreaming about how you’d have an advocate in the Oval Office, he was dreaming about how he could use it to make himself richer. He hasn’t even taken office yet and everything he told you is already being revealed as a lie.

So what are we left with? What remains is Trump’s erratic whims, his boundless greed, and the core of Republican policies Congress will pursue, which are most definitely not geared toward the interests of working class whites. He can gut environmental regulations, but that doesn’t mean millions of people are going to head back to the coal mines — it was market forces more than anything else that led to coal’s decline. He can renegotiate trade deals, but that doesn’t mean that the labor-intensive factory jobs are coming back. And by the way, the high wages, good benefits, and job security those jobs used to offer? That was thanks to labor unions, which Republicans are now going to try to destroy once and for all.

The "White Working Class" has been getting scammed by the Republican Party ever since Reagan.  They just fail to realize it. Suckers!

Incidentally, Jake Holman was correct.  Trump wants to be Emperor Donald the First.

The "White Working Class" has been getting scammed by the Republican Party ever since Reagan.  They just fail to realize it. Suckers!

Incidentally, Jake Holman was correct.  Trump wants to be Emperor Donald the First.

Ah, but wasn't Trump supposed to be different?  That's what all those gullible supporters thought.

Trump sold hope and change just like the prior dude.

Come on, man.  Trump is the other guy on steroids.  Only HE can fix things.  "Believe Me."

And you seem to be twisting the point between El Cid and myself.  It was about the deviousness of Republicans and how Trump was supposed to be different and the saviour of the working class.

he has only been president-elect for less than four weeks and already he has failed?

your 'hope' is premature I think. :P

Come on, man.  Trump is the other guy on steroids.  Only HE can fix things.  "Believe Me."

And you seem to be twisting the point between El Cid and myself.  It was about the deviousness of Republicans and how Trump was supposed to be different and the saviour of the working class.

Yes,  Trump pandered to the working class and enough of them were fooled allowing him to win the election.    In addition Trump claimed to not be a politician but instead was a politician on steroids.    

That being said both Obama and Trump sold hope and change.   This is a fairly common political message and a useful strategy when the other party has held the White House for two terms.    In both cases the strategy worked.     

The U.S. Media Is Completely Unprepared to Cover a Trump Presidency-

Donald Trump and his surrogates have shown an uncanny ability to lie in the face of objective facts. They will now have the power of the federal government to help them.

"....members of the media themselves engaged in careful brand-management exercises in order to portray themselves as in touch with “Real America,” granting themselves permission to dismiss criticisms of the Bush administration as the ravings of pampered liberal elites. Only days after the 2016 presidential election, this process is already taking place, with prominent media figures seeking to defend the victorious Trump coalition against the slights of those religious and ethnic minorities who fear for their fate under a president who campaigned using them as scapegoats for the nation’s problems.....

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/the-american-media-is-completely-unprepared-to-cover-a-trump-presidency/507476/?utm_source=atlfb