Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

A White House report argues that the safety net has nearly eliminated poverty — so we should slash it to teach the poor “self-sufficiency.” This is both logically dubious and morally odious, writes @EricLevitz

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03/trump-white-house-welfare-cuts-poverty-council-economic-advisers-report.html?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1&utm_campaign=nym

3JpYMtKu?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Sad 2
9 hours ago, Arturo said:

Come on now.  You expect a 9 year old to know she needed to update her picture?!?  The passport card doesn't need to be updated when you're a child for 5 years; it's 10 for adults.  Again, how would she know that, and even if she did, she cannot do it herself at that age.  So she is being held unreasonably for something that didn't need to be done.  Btw, children that age are not issued drivers licenses.  

Her PARENTS should know that!! :wacko:

I modified my OP to emphasis that (and made grammar correction)....I KNOW the child cannot for crying out loud!

Trump is fond of saying "You don't have a country when ..."

How about when your campaign conspires with and gets help from Vladimir Putin to win the election to the highest office and there are no repercussions afterward.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

So if this is such a victory for Trump then why were they ALL lying about every meeting with the Russians during the campaign?  Why did Trump concoct a phoney cover story for Don Jr. aboard Air Force One?

• Thanks 1

Seth AbramsonVerified account @SethAbramson 5h5 hours ago

(THREAD) *Right now*—in the hours before we see Attorney General Barr's summary of what Mueller sent him yesterday

—all Americans *must* understand the counterintelligence component of Mueller's investigation.

It's vital to our national security.

I hope you'll read on.........

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1109481687367536641

D2WrT7FWoAEIlli.jpg
  • Thanks 2

Seth AbramsonVerified account @SethAbramson 4h4 hours ago

8/ What many Trump supporters will tell you—because they don't care about the safety or security of a nation they claim to love, only the legal fate of their paunchy, orange-hued "god-emperor"

—is that unless and until you have 90% proof of espionage, the case must... *disappear*....

That's not how *any* of it works. And the reason is that we have a counterintelligence system of law enforcement alongside our criminal system of law enforcement. ......

—a counterintel investigation continues until a) a threat is neutralized by one means or another (i.e., with certain foreign nationals neutralizing can take extra-judicial forms) or

b) the threat has be translated into an ongoing criminal prosecution with 90% proof or more. ...

So anyone who says the Trump-related counterintel investigations end with the end of Mueller's criminal probe is obviously wrong

—as there's just no way for them to be right and have the FBI or CIA have the protocols we universally understand them to have on national security. .....

Whatever Mueller writes is merely a small piece of what's happening—the piece we're allowed to see. *Types* of probes and *levels* of proof make so much unknowable. .......

see:  https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1109499455982747648

:unsure:

• Thanks 1

Chuck SchumerVerified account @SenSchumer

AG Barr must not give President Trump, his lawyers, or his staff any ‘sneak preview’ of Special Counsel Mueller's findings or evidence.

The White House must not be allowed to interfere in decisions about what parts of those findings or evidence are made public. #ReleaseTheReport

12:00 PM - 23 Mar 2019
===========================================

• Sad 1

" Speaker Nancy Pelosi told Democrats on Saturday she'll rebuff

any efforts by the Justice Department to reveal details of special counsel Robert Mueller's findings in a highly classified setting

— a tactic she warned could be employed to shield the report's conclusions from the public. .......

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/23/pelosi-mueller-report-1233317

<_<

• Thanks 1
On 3/22/2019 at 8:15 PM, hamradio said:

Her PARENTS should know that!! :wacko:

I modified my OP to emphasis that (and made grammar correction)....I KNOW the child cannot for crying out loud!

All I know is your post justified her being detained for something totally out of her control.  You underscore this with Your referring to regulations for driver's licences, which among other things, were set up by each of the states, not the federal government.  In any case their rules have nothing to do with those for the immigration cards..  Your side constantly bends over backward to justify horrific and illegal actions from this racist administration.  

• Thanks 2
58 minutes ago, Arturo said:

All I know is your post justified her being detained for something totally out of her control.  You underscore this with Your referring to regulations for driver's licences, which among other things, were set up by each of the states, not the federal government.  In any case their rules have nothing to do with those for the immigration cards..  Your side constantly bends over backward to justify horrific and illegal actions from this racist administration.  

I'm only making the comparison between passport and license in what should any official do if the photo does not match the individual.  This shouldn't be of concern?  What's the purpose the of having an ID to begin with??? :huh:

If you think the kid looks like the photo I strongly suggest an eye exam ASAP!

Think the parents needs their eyes checked as well, did they ever took a close look at the passport? :blink:  It's even hard to tell if the photo is female!

bkzdKBCy?format=jpg&name=600x314

AND STOP WITH THE CONSTANT RACISM CRAP! All it does is deflect the topic!

41 minutes ago, hamradio said:

I'm only making the comparison between passport and license in what should any official do if the photo does not match the individual.  This shouldn't be of concern?  What's the purpose the of having an ID to begin with??? :huh:

Think the parents needs their eyes checked as well, did they ever took a close look at the passport? :blink:  It's even hard to tell if the photo is female!

AND STOP WITH THE CONSTANT RACISM CRAP! All it does is deflect the topic!

The photo in the picture looks like a girl with her hair pulled back.  Obviously identifying information, like name and gender, is not there for us to see.  However, for the officials who detained her, that is Not an issue.  And yes, I can see that being her.  The nose looks the same, and while the girl in the passport has a rounder face, that could just be baby fat, or the fact that she is smiling.  Children change alot in a few years; this is why the card needs to be renewed every 5 years.  And since this picture of the card has no dates, we have no idea if it had expired. So you cannot assume that her parents were negligent.

If you hear me mention race and racism, that is because you post alot of information re. the Adminstration's policies that deal with this.  I call it racism because thst is the target and the effect the these policies, and because I think that is what guides a lot of this President's policies, to appeal to his Racist base.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, hamradio said:

*AND STOP WITH THE CONSTANT RACISM CRAP! All it does is deflect the topic!

*Racism is not a deflection.

Racism is a reality.

I have no trouble seeing that the girl looks like the photo-- only maybe a couple of years younger.

When you meet, you know, and you have friends from many different cultures and races and ethnicities, it's easier to see people as individuals and not as stereotypes.

Tokenism is one thing --Diversity is another.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Seth AbramsonVerified account @SethAbramson 4h4 hours ago

So anyone who says the Trump-related counterintel investigations end with the end of Mueller's criminal probe is obviously wrong

—as there's just no way for them to be right and have the FBI or CIA have the protocols we universally understand them to have on national security. .....

Whatever Mueller writes is merely a small piece of what's happening—the piece we're allowed to see. *Types* of probes and *levels* of proof make so much unknowable. .......

see:  https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1109499455982747648

:unsure:

Mueller hasn't asked for the Gates and Flynn sentencing to be delayed for no reason.  We heard just last week that 'they continue to co-operate.'  This is long after Cohen's and Manafort's guilty pleas into lying and monetary fraud crimes.  Manafort got no favours because he failed to co-operate.  We know from his filings that his dealings with Kilimnik are 'at the heart of the matter.'

There are more shoes to drop as Senator McCain would say.  Mueller may have pieced off the ongoing investigation to protect its integrity.  Time will tell.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

*Racism is not a deflection.

Racism is a reality.

I have no trouble seeing that the girl looks like the photo-- only maybe a couple of years younger.

When you meet, you know, and you have friends from many different cultures and races and ethnicities, it's easier to see people as individuals and not as stereotypes.

Tokenism is one thing --Diversity is another.

0001115-snellen-eye-chart.jpg

:blink: