Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

NewsweekVerified account @Newsweek 8h8 hours ago

Barbara Bush called Donald Trump "real symbol of greed," spoke of "horror" at him winning presidency

........Barbara Bush no longer considered herself a Republican in the final months of her life because of the direction the GOP took under President Donald Trump, an upcoming biography reveals.

The Matriarch, Barbara Bush and the Making of an American Dynasty is based on her diaries and a number of interviews

........... she said of Trump: “I don’t understand why people are for him.” ...

https://trib.al/VVZa965 

D2qlA2wX4AAgUf4.jpg
  • Thanks 3

David GuraVerified account @davidgura

Two years running, President Trump has declined to attend the Kennedy Center Honors.

Today, he announced his "intent to appoint" ten new members to the Kennedy Center's board of trustees, including @jonvoight and @GovMikeHuckabee.

Other appointees include:

see: https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/1110976508477222913

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1
Just now, mr6666 said:

David GuraVerified account @davidgura

Two years running, President Trump has declined to attend the Kennedy Center Honors.

Today, he announced his "intent to appoint" ten new members to the Kennedy Center's board of trustees, including @jonvoight and @GovMikeHuckabee.

Other appointees include:

see: https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/1110976508477222913

:rolleyes:

why not appoint members who will consider the whole of America, not just san Francisco, LA and nyc.

10 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

why not appoint members who will consider the whole of America, not just san Francisco, LA and nyc.

Yeah, lets have the Green Acres crowd make judgment about the ARTS ... the friggin' ARTS!!! in America.

There is a reason why talented people who come from ALL OVER America gravitate to those cities - it's called making a living.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

"Art and trailer trash do not exclude each other." ;) :lol: :lol: 

1.15.6.809840.527529.3?md5=8JhJHMOGOWdwt

My point was that if anyone from rural areas in America or areas populated with shall we say "trailer trash" that had a spark of talent they would be high-tailin' it to the 'big city' to make fame and fortune.  For the most part.

I was not saying that those parts are devoid of talented people.  But any entertainer worthy of a lifetime achievement award has most likely made it "big time."  And I think that would also apply to qualified judges of lifetime achievement awards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
42 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

My point was that if anyone from rural areas in America or areas populated with shall we say "trailer trash" that had a spark of talent they would be high-tailin' it to the 'big city' to make fame and fortune.  For the most part.

I was not saying that those parts are devoid of talented people.  But any entertainer worthy of a lifetime achievement award has most likely made it "big time."  And I think that would also apply to qualified judges of lifetime achievement awards.

No, I understood what you meant and definitely agree that the center has no obligation to cater to just anyone. I just thought it was funny the way you worded it. :lol: 

• Like 1

POLITICOVerified account @politico 3h3 hours ago

"It's now up to Nancy Pelosi to remove Chairman [Adam] Schiff. We need to restore the trust in the Intelligence Committee," Kevin McCarthy said,

noting that every Republican on the committee requested the California Democrat resign from his leadership role

==========================================

"[Republicans] are afraid of the truth.

They're afraid of competence. They are afraid of a leader who's recognized in our country for being calm, professional, patriotic," Pelosi said of chairman Adam Schiff after every Republican on the Intelligence Committee requested he resign

==============================================

MSNBCVerified account @MSNBC 44m44 minutes ago

WATCH: Republicans call for House Intel Chairman Schiff to resign over his rhetoric during the Russia investigation.

Schiff responds by reciting Trump aides’ contacts with Russians:

“I don’t think it’s OK

… Yes, I think it’s corrupt and evidence of collusion.”

• Thanks 2
45 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I would have used the laughing icon but this isn't funny.    The GOP and their silly JC.

I know what you mean by the laughing icon.  It seems like something scripted in a movie.  A proud moment so absolutely ruined by some 'sincere' Jesus freak Muslim hater.

Hee Haw, a ballet in two acts.

Billy Faulkner stayed in small town Mis sis sippi for the most part,

though he was likely an exception to the general rule of going to

the big city.

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

"It's now up to Nancy Pelosi to remove Chairman [Adam] Schiff. We need to restore the trust in the Intelligence Committee," Kevin McCarthy said,

noting that every Republican on the committee requested the California Democrat resign from his leadership role

==========================================

"[Republicans] are afraid of the truth.

They're afraid of competence. They are afraid of a leader who's recognized in our country for being calm, professional, patriotic," Pelosi said of chairman Adam Schiff after every Republican on the Intelligence Committee requested he resign

==============================================

MSNBCVerified account @MSNBC 44m44 minutes ago

WATCH: Republicans call for House Intel Chairman Schiff to resign over his rhetoric during the Russia investigation.

Schiff responds by reciting Trump aides’ contacts with Russians:

“I don’t think it’s OK

… Yes, I think it’s corrupt and evidence of collusion.”

The trust Nunes had? LOL.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
On 3/27/2019 at 4:02 PM, mr6666 said:

NewsweekVerified account @Newsweek 8h8 hours ago

Barbara Bush called Donald Trump "real symbol of greed," spoke of "horror" at him winning presidency

........Barbara Bush no longer considered herself a Republican in the final months of her life because of the direction the GOP took under President Donald Trump, an upcoming biography reveals.

The Matriarch, Barbara Bush and the Making of an American Dynasty is based on her diaries and a number of interviews

........... she said of Trump: “I don’t understand why people are for him.” ...

https://trib.al/VVZa965 

D2qlA2wX4AAgUf4.jpg

I always liked Barbara (not the rest of the clan though).

5 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I can't say that I am familiar with who was on the Kennedy Center board before this, but the idea of putting Mike Huckabee among them is totally laughable.

Will his daughter be next???

• Haha 1