Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Much of your country was built on the backs of those slaves and the white race benefits from that today.  Some sort of acknowledgement of that might be a start.

But then again I don't think this is the whole story for put-upon whites.  This is just an easy issue to take a poke at when the reality of the divisiveness runs much deeper.

When you institutionalize making a minority group of people second and third rate citizens and crippling their ability to operate in a society for centuries,

Then you automatically have given advantages to the other majority group for centuries.

Advantages that were enjoyed by this group's ancestors, great-great-grandparents right up to the present day.

Despite all those Horatio Alger stories,  where you start life is close to where you end in life.

Unfortunately slavery was just the beginning of mistreatment against black Americans in the United States.

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

 

No need to fret, it won't make a difference, coal has been villainized.  Maybe when a volcanic eruption blocks out the sunlight and solar can no longer generate electricity.

Most of the remaining coal plants are expected to close.  I will EXPECT global temperatures to be a comfy 78 degrees, hurricanes /typhoons /cyclones cease to form, tornadoes a distant memory, droughts no more afterwards. 

Progressives / trendies will hold hands and sing Kumbaya shouting success, global warming is gone

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Much of your country was built on the backs of those slaves and the white race benefits from that today.  Some sort of acknowledgement of that might be a start.

Much of the country was built upon the backs of indentured whites, Chinese, Italians, Poles, Hispanics and many other ethnic groups that were abused and discriminated against.  Not to mention poor whites and the workers who were abused and not allowed to unionize or bargain.

We are past the time for paying reparations to classes of people this large, much less their descendants several generations later.

54 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

When you institutionalize making a minority group of people second and third rate citizens and crippling their ability to operate in a society for centuries,

Then you automatically have given advantages to the other majority group for centuries.

Advantages that were enjoyed by this group's ancestors, great-great-grandparents right up to the present day.

Unfortunately slavery was just the beginning of mistreatment against black Americans in the United States.

 

Not disagreeing with you, but the US has done a lot to make up for its past "sins."  And still has a long way to go, but reparations to someone because of his/her race or ethnicity is not the answer.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

you know, to talk outta one side of your mouths about divisiveness and then out of the other side about this reparations for slavery happy HS is extremely offensive to any sane person's intelligence and I hope the democrats continue to push such insane BS because it is a weapon for our side just like the current democrat candidates pushing socialism.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Stanford (BA, MA)

Oxford (MA)

Yale (JD)

look at those images of a very angry, angry schtootz. he's so angry. what is Danny Glover so angry about?

his Hollywood wealth? that in itself is unbelievable hypocrisy.

cory booker has such impressive scholastic credentials and yet cannot muster the dispassion necessary to not turn off the general public with behavior like that?

pathetic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 1:33 PM, TheCid said:

Much of the country was built upon the backs of indentured whites, Chinese, Italians, Poles, Hispanics and many other ethnic groups that were abused and discriminated against.  Not to mention poor whites and the workers who were abused and not allowed to unionize or bargain.

We are past the time for paying reparations to classes of people this large, much less their descendants several generations later.

Not disagreeing with you, but the US has done a lot to make up for its past "sins."  And still has a long way to go, but reparations to someone because of his/her race or ethnicity is not the answer.

Easy for you to say. You were never promised 40 acres and a mule that you never received.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...