Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

LnvhR8ED_bigger.png
CNN

President Trump made 87 false claims last week, using relentless dishonesty to defend his dealings with Ukraine and his decisions on Syria. Trump made 40 false claims last Thursday alone, including 30 at his campaign rally in Dallas.
2:20 PM · Oct 23, 2019·SocialFlow
  • Haha 1

NEW: Trump had advance knowledge and supported a protest by Republicans
who told him they planned to barge into a secure hearing room on Capitol Hill where Democrats are holding impeachment testimonies, according to four people familiar with the matter.
===================================

This... well... this may be a crime.
Donald Trump orchestrating the intimidation, obstruction, or harassment of a federal witness
in an ongoing federal investigation he knows about and knows he's a subject in or even the target of?

Crimes committed in public are *still crimes*.
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

not allowed to read WaPo without paying $$

any summary of hilights?  :unsure:

Usually you get a few free reads per month.  It is not an easy article to cherry-pick but I'll try

The Fix

Analysis

Here are the next shoes to drop in the Trump-Ukraine scandal

So what do we need to find out next?

The first big question involves an aide who figures prominently in Taylor’s narrative: Tim Morrison, the head of the White House National Security Council’s Eurasia desk. In arguably the most significant disclosure by Taylor, Morrison allegedly told him that Sondland had relayed an explicit quid pro quo to a top aide to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Andriy Yermak.

Another key element is what Sondland might say from here on out. As I noted in my takeaways post, there appear to be major discrepancies between what he said in his testimony last week and what Taylor said Tuesday.

A key example: Sondland said, “I recall no discussions with any State Department or White House official about former vice president Biden or his son, nor do I recall taking part in any effort to encourage an investigation into the Bidens." Compare that to Taylor’s hearing about Morrison’s version of events, and it’s difficult to square them.

Once we go beyond Taylor’s testimony, there is the matter of the White House transcript of that Trump-Zelensky call. There continue to be unanswered questionsabout whether it was the full picture, with ellipses coming at key junctures when Trump was talking about the investigations mentioned above. We knew that it was a rough transcript based upon notes taken by those listening in on the call, but there are some indications and suggestions that there might be a word-for-word transcript somewhere.

And one last timely and potentially major matter is what happens next with Giuliani. There have been mixed messages about whether he is under investigation and if so, for what, after two business associates of his, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, were indicted recently. Republicans, including Trump, have distanced themselves from Giuliani, perhaps worried about how brazen he might have been in this whole time frame. We’ve already seen what happened when one of Trump’s personal lawyers got into trouble (see: Cohen, Michael); it’s not difficult to think what might happen if Giuliani is truly in hot water.

• Thanks 2

As a former prosecutor, I know that when the facts and law are not on your side,
the defense attacks the process.

It's no coincidence that Republicans disregarded all rules & norms by storming the SCIF to stop interviews

the day after Ambassador Taylor's devastating testimony.
<_<
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

As a former prosecutor, I know that when the facts and law are not on your side,
the defense attacks the process.

It's no coincidence that Republicans disregarded all rules & norms by storming the SCIF to stop interviews

the day after Ambassador Taylor's devastating testimony.
which the democrats held in a secret private hearing far away from the eyes and ears of the news media and the American people...
funny, ain't it? liberal democrats are usually the first ones to start whining about closed processes hidden from the American public.
:angry:

12 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:
which the democrats held in a secret private hearing far away from the eyes and ears of the news media and the American people...
funny, ain't it? liberal democrats are usually the first ones to start whining about closed processes hidden from the American public.
:angry:

How can you tell? These days, it seems as if everything else is being drowned out by the incessant whining of the Whiny Little ****.

See the source image

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

If it was a secret meeting, then how do you know about it, dipstick? 

Like I said in the other thread, there are Republicans in the same hearings. 

The guys who stormed the hearing room are clowns and morons. Which I guess is why you guys keep electing them.

• Haha 5

they won't get away with it. so they expedite a house kangaroo vote and nail trump with it? 

what good will that do them in the senate?

tw7JPE5v_bigger.jpg

Current and former Trump administration officials are increasingly offering dirt on the president, creating a serious challenge for the White House in the ongoing impeachment inquiry.
9:10 PM · Oct 23, 2019·SocialFlow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15VnTxLF_bigger.jpg

With all the Fake News let me make it clear that everything I did was to discover evidence to defend my client against false charges.Dems would be horrified by the attacks on me, if my client was a terrorist.But they don’t believe @realDonaldTrump has rights. Justice will prevail

8:44 PM · Oct 23, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

tw7JPE5v_bigger.jpg

House chairman asks sergeant at arms to "take action" after Republicans bring electronics to secure hearing hill.cm/xNxicrd

9:22 PM · Oct 23, 2019·SocialFlow

6) Fox is told there was never any chance mbrs who barged into SCIF would be arrested by USCP

But some mbrs members asked to be arrested.

They wanted the optic of being frog marched out of the SCIF in front of TV cameras.

That would help w/GOP narrative of Dem process abuse
----------------------------------------

Instead, Republicans sat around the SCIF and ate pizza.

Then they left.

And then the three Committees proceeded with the deposition of Pentagon official Laura Cooper.

The investigation will not be stopped.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A political party storming an impeachment hearing of their president isn’t just obnoxious,
it’s an intentional act of intimidation that sends a message

the work of holding a criminal accountable could be met with force and physicality.

This is totalitarian business.
  • Thanks 1

no!,...totalitarian is professing for decades that open government is the most important thing than showing it with closed door hearings.

:P

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

no!,...totalitarian is professing for decades that open government is the most important thing than showing it with closed door hearings.

They operated according to the rules. Only those members in the committee are present: Republicans and Democrats.

The real story here is trump doesn't trust the Republicans who are in this committee. 

• Like 1

So Jane Fonda gets arrested for protesting OUTSIDE,

but Matt Gaetz storms a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility without authorization,
and with electronic devices

that violate law & compromise national security,

and is currently celebrating, drunk at a bar? #ArrestGaetz
:rolleyes:
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

I see you are falling for, or abetting the Republican strategy of attacking the process (unjustifiably) while not addressing the substance of the allegations against the president*.  A petty distraction.

• Thanks 1