Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

3 minutes ago, jakeem said:

dAufmV8F_bigger.jpg

I agree that Judge Jackson is unlikely to go along. But the DOJ shift in position would still give Trump cover to pardon Stone outright which presumably is the long game here. Impossible to overstate how alarmed people should be right now.

12:24 PM · Feb 11, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I think more and more people are getting a sense of "alarm fatigue". It's not helped when the  proscribed methods for dealing with alarming behavior have proven inadequate. When the final option - voting - also proves fruitless, the level of apathy will only continue to increase.

• Sad 2
10 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I think more and more people are getting a sense of "alarm fatigue". It's not helped when the  proscribed methods for dealing with alarming behavior have proven inadequate. When the final option - voting - also proves fruitless, the level of apathy will only continue to increase.

I agree about the "alarm fatigue";   There is nothing alarming here (as in out of character for Trump and his administration).    Anyone "alarmed" hasn't been paying attention the last 3 or so years.

Also the "would give Trump cover" comment is total nonsense.     Trump doesn't need "cover".     Trump was going to pardon Stone,  period.   The only question is the timing related to the outcome of the 2020 election.       

3 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I agree about the "alarm fatigue";   There is nothing alarming here (as in out of character for Trump and his administration).    Anyone "alarmed" hasn't been paying attention the last 3 or so years.

Also the "would give Trump cover" comment is total nonsense.     Trump doesn't need "cover".     Trump was going to pardon Stone,  period.   The only question is the timing related to the outcome of the 2020 election.       

Yeah, as someone (Bogie?) mentioned earlier, I expected Trump to pardon every one of cronies after the election, either as part of his second term, or before he left office next January, depending on the outcome. But he may believe that he can get away with virtually anything without any repercussions, such as potentially turning off voters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, jakeem said:

tw7JPE5v_bigger.jpg

JUST IN: Trump Fed chief calls on Congress to cut deficits ahead of potential slowdown http://hill.cm/mBQwNAt

1:55 PM · Feb 11, 2020·SocialFlow

Interesting.      I assume Trump doesn't wish to make major cuts to so called "entitlements" until he is a lame-duck President.

Is the Fed chief trying to get Trump and the GOP to make such cuts NOW which would put Trump and the GOP in hot political waters leading up to the 2020 election?   E.g. exposing the BS of the GOP tax "reform".   

I look forward to Trump's tweets.  Will the Fed chief last another week? 

3 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Yeah, as someone (Bogie?) mentioned earlier, I expected Trump to pardon every one of cronies after the election, either as part of his second term, or before he left office next January, depending on the outcome. But he may believe that he can get away with virtually anything without any repercussions, such as potentially turning off voters.

I assume Trump is very much aware of what actions may turnoff potential voter.    This is likely the main thing Trump spends that tiny brain of his thinking about.

Like I posted about the deficit \ budget:   Trump does know what future plans the GOP or himself has that would hurt him politically.   Thus these will be hidden or spinned or just lied about,  until after the election.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I assume Trump is very much aware of what actions may turnoff potential voter.    This is likely the main thing Trump spends that tiny brain of his thinking about.

Like I posted about the deficit \ budget:   Trump does know what future plans the GOP or himself has that would hurt him politically.   Thus these will be hidden or spinned or just lied about,  until after the election.

But if that's true, then why did he let his administration release that new budget proposal that has so many drastic cuts to all of the social programs? While I'm sure many conservatives wish for some sort of "entitlement reform", they most likely won't be pleased by having their social security and Medicare benefits cut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

But if that's true, then why did he let his administration release that new budget proposal that has so many drastic cuts to all of the social programs? While I'm sure many conservatives wish for some sort of "entitlement reform", they most likely won't be pleased by having their social security and Medicare benefits cut.

Did Trump actually let his admin do something?    I.e. he was aware this was going to be released with those type of details?    There is so much confusion in his admin I don't think any of us can know what was done intentionally or not.      

Anyhow, the cat is now out of the bag;    So we will see how Trump and his admin try to spin this one.   

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

What do you think about trump cutting Social Security SSI, Medicaid, food stamps/SNAP and federal public housing support?

If he says that before an election, if he gets elected again he'll just go ahead and also cut Social Security and Medicare too.

Millionaires and billionaires don't need those things.

Plus Social Security and Medicare are paid for by Americans and have been gutted by the Republican Party.

They're not freebies, we pay for them while we're working.

We paid for them!

And we pay a fee for Medicare every month just like private insurance.

Just to be clear SSI is not Social Security, it is Supplemental Security Income.  Recipients may receive just SSI or SSI and Social Security if they have low SSA benefits and meet the poverty guidelines for SSI.  Both programs are administered by Social Security Administration, but are separate.  SSI replaced the 50 or so state welfare plans that existed before it.

Trump and the Republicans have long gone after SSI (welfare) and not publicly gone after Social Security.

You are correct we have paid into Social Security and Medicare since we first drew income.  If over 65, you pay a part of your Social Security for Medicare.  There are also supplemental Medicare premiums based on income levels.

50 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I think you are correct on both counts.

20 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

But if that's true [Trump hiding things], then why did he let his administration release that new budget proposal that has so many drastic cuts to all of the social programs? While I'm sure many conservatives wish for some sort of "entitlement reform", they most likely won't be pleased by having their social security and Medicare benefits cut.

Trump probably doesn't really know what is in the Budget proposal "he" made.  A staff created it and he signed his name to it.  Somebody may have briefed him on it, but he stopped listening after five minutes.

I think the current PR about the budget is that the cuts will be for the "welfare" portions of social programs.  But make no mistake the current Republican leadership and probably most supporters are absolutely in favor of cutting Social Security, Medicare.  And then they move on to VA and military benefits.  They already are in some instances.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

that has always been the prerogative of a free people...

not to give a ****.

That explains your being ok with the serial criminal in the WH and his ongoing criminal activity.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jakeem said:

You jerk!  You need to attack the GOP senators for letting the criminal president off the hook, and letting you off as well.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

image_bigger.jpg

Think about the fact that the president of the United States doesn’t know where the Battle of Concord was fought, had to have aides explain to him what Pearl Harbor is, and didn’t know that there’s a Kansas City in Missouri.

11:17 AM · Feb 11, 2020 from Washington, DC·Twitter for iPad

I was under the impression that it was fought on one of his golf course properties.  :D

• Haha 1

Timothy Shea has been tapped by William Barr to be the new US Attorney for DC.  If confirmed he will supervise prosecutions of some of the Trump team that is on trial.  Shea is a close confidant of Barr.

• Sad 2

3 prosecutors who were working on the Roger Stone case have resigned.  Meanwhile Trump said he did not talk to Barr about it, though he could have if he had wanted to.  He then went on to say the whole thing was a disgrace and that the wrong people were going to prison.

Roger Stone was found guilty by jury.  The prosecutors probably spent more than a year of there lives on that case.

• Sad 1