Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Pic_from_July_12_Briefing_bigger.jpg

No provision of the Uniform Code of Military Justice subjects a servicemember to discipline for complying with a congressional subpoena. There _is_, however, a statute (10 U.S.C. § 1034) protecting a servicemember’s right to communicate with Congress—and barring retaliation.

4:52 PM · Feb 11, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
  • Thanks 2

i-6aURZT_bigger.jpg

I was trained in comparative politics first, international relations second--these are not warning shots, these *are* the blows that take democracies down. I can't imagine the anxiety people who have lived experience with authoritarian regimes are feeling.

4:59 PM · Feb 11, 2020·Twitter Web App
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

WIH3Vg5o_bigger.jpg

I give this one two Susan Collins frowns, one Lisa Murkowski "unfortunate," and five totally unrelated bible quotes from Marco Rubio.

In all seriousness though, it's only a matter of time before he a) pardons Stone, Manafort, Flynn, Gates, etc and/or b) insists that "the other side" experience the same "unfair treatment" that he claims his people received.

My guess would be that he starts with the smaller fish like Strozk and Page, sees how that flies, then works his way up to Comey, the whistleblower, Vindman, etc.

7:14 PM · Feb 11, 2020·Twitter Web App
  • Sad 1

46h0aSgT_bigger.jpg

Tucker Carlson compared Roger Stone’s sentence with those received by rapists and armed robbers, and said he deserved to be cleared rather than die in prison

10:00 PM · Feb 11, 2020·SocialFlow
  • Haha 1

DyFwGriJ_bigger.jpg

I can't believe I have to say this, but the President of the United States has no business interfering in the criminal trial of his own campaign adviser. The Justice Department owes the court and the American people an explanation of exactly what is happening here.

4:58 PM · Feb 11, 2020·Twitter Web App
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

Who are the four prosecutors (Mueller people?) who cut and ran after being exposed for recommending a ridiculous 9 year prison sentence to a man that got caught up in an investigation that was illegal, the Mueller Scam, and shouldn’t ever even have started? 13 Angry Democrats?

9:45 PM · Feb 11, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
  • Haha 1

DijesdNB_bigger.jpg

BREAKING: AG Barr is taking control of legal matters of interest to President Trump, including the Roger Stone sentencing, according to multiple people familiar with the matter.

Senior officials at the Justice Dept. also intervened last month to help change the government's sentencing recommendation for President Trump's former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, who pled guilty to lying to the FBI.

8:25 PM · Feb 11, 2020·SocialFlow
  • Sad 1

h8PVbmgq_bigger.jpg

who's been pushed out in the last month alone?
– AUSA Aaron Zelinsky
– AUSA Jonathan Kravis
– DoD CFO Elaine McCusker
– Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman
– Lt. Col. Yevgeny Vindman
– Amb. Gordon Sondland
– Amb. Bill Taylor
– Amb. Marie Yovanovitch
– VP aide Jennifer Williams

5:14 PM · Feb 11, 2020·TweetDeck
  • Sad 1

LnvhR8ED_bigger.png

CNN

"By bulldozing into Roger Stone's sentencing, Donald Trump sparked a mutiny by four career prosecutors, raised fears about the impartial administration of justice and showed how his impeachment acquittal unchained an already rampant presidency." | Analysis

1:31 AM · Feb 12, 2020·SocialFlow
  • Thanks 1