Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Graham requests interviews with Justice Dept, FBI officials as part of probe into Russia investigation

=================================================

William Barr Moves to Take the Reins of Politically Charged Cases

Amid mounting furor over politicization at the Justice Department, the attorney general ordered reviews of such investigations and prosecutions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/us/politics/andrew-mccabe-william-barr-flynn.html

=============================================

-Or, just like Ukraine,

all he wants  are 'announcements of investigations'.

....to make them seem SUSPECT

& fodder for future BS tweets ?

<_<

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
40 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Then I take it you don't have any comment about my comment above--

As that was our original conversation.

I've seen these cases where the wrongfully accused has been set free and awarded compensation by the state. 

Wrongfully convicted man to receive $1.5 million after decades behind bars

https://www.wtsp.com/article/features/he-spent-46-years-in-prison-before-being-exonerated-now-his-artwork-sells-for-thousands/67-9d3e18b8-ee1e-4402-9855-83675b117779

And it just does not happen ONLY to blacks.

https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/communities/simi-valley/2018/05/17/craig-coley-get-nearly-2-m-after-wrongful-conviction-simi-case/621230002/

636499928881720311-Coley-in-Simi-2.jpg?w

THIS JUST HAPPENED...

Florida approves $2 million compensation claim for man wrongfully convicted in 1976

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-approves-2-million-compensation-claim-for-man-wrongfully-convicted-in-1976-2020-02-15/

Because of the laws regarding compensation only Nathan Myers can receive it.

walkout-nateclifford.jpg

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jakeem said:

_oEEIsvx_bigger.jpg

NPR

President Trump has proposed an executive order mandating classical architecture for new federal buildings — and calling some modern federal buildings "undistinguished," "uninspiring" and "just plain ugly."

eHvOp5BX?format=jpg&name=small

Wonder if Trump has been talking to Prince Charles.

Barr personally tried to push SDNY away from indicting Turkish bank Halkbank

but US Attorney Berman resisted, per CNN.

Same bank case NYT cited—via John Bolton book—as Trump wanting to do favor for Turkey’s Erdogan cabal for Trump’s personal interest.

2. “Barr personally spearheaded an effort last year to negotiate a settlement with the bank that would have allowed it to sidestep an indictment...Berman, however, insisted on criminal prosecution.” (CNN’s

reporting) Now recall what Erdogan boasted...

3. Erdogan “repeatedly tried to persuade Mr Trump to use his power to limit additional enforcement action against Halkbank... Erdogan told reporters in Turkey that Mr Trump had told him that ‘he would INSTRUCT THE RELEVANT MINISTERS immediately’ to follow through on the matter.”...........

see:  https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/1228830979885850624

:huh:

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, hamradio said:

I've seen these cases where the wrongfully accused has been set free and awarded compensation by the state. 

Wrongfully convicted man to receive $1.5 million after decades behind bars

https://www.wtsp.com/article/features/he-spent-46-years-in-prison-before-being-exonerated-now-his-artwork-sells-for-thousands/67-9d3e18b8-ee1e-4402-9855-83675b117779

And it just does not happen ONLY to blacks.

https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/communities/simi-valley/2018/05/17/craig-coley-get-nearly-2-m-after-wrongful-conviction-simi-case/621230002/

636499928881720311-Coley-in-Simi-2.jpg?w

THIS JUST HAPPENED...

Florida approves $2 million compensation claim for man wrongfully convicted in 1976

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-approves-2-million-compensation-claim-for-man-wrongfully-convicted-in-1976-2020-02-15/

Because of the laws regarding compensation only Nathan Myers can receive it.

walkout-nateclifford.jpg

The issue is not that it never happens to white people,

the issue is there's a disproportionate amount of innocent black men who are wrongly convicted in relationship to their numbers in the American society.

I hope I made myself clear enough that you understood the facts of the issue, and that it is not an opinion.

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

The issue is not that it never happens to white people,

the issue is there's a disproportionate amount of innocent black men who are wrongly convicted in relationship to their numbers in the American society.

I hope I made myself clear enough that you understood the facts of the issue, and that it is not an opinion.

Do you have data to back up this "there's a disproportionate amount of innocent black men who are wrongly convicted in relationship to their numbers in the American society."?

It is my understanding that the Feds never collected such data until only a few years ago and thus there isn't enough data to draw a conclusion.

If you don't have actual data than it is just an opinion.

• Haha 1
58 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Do you have data to back up this "there's a disproportionate amount of innocent black men who are wrongly convicted in relationship to their numbers in the American society."?

It is my understanding that the Feds never collected such data until only a few years ago and thus there isn't enough data to draw a conclusion.

If you don't have actual data than it is just an opinion.

Just watch "60 Minutes," which does stories about that all the time. Because it apparently happens all the time.

Image result for 60 minutes piece on wrongful conviction

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

omWV1cZs_bigger.jpg

An Alabama lawmaker has authored a bill that would require each man to undergo a vasectomy at age 50 or "after the birth of his third biological child, whichever comes first." Under Rep. Rolanda Hollis' proposal, men would have to pay for the procedure.

6:50 PM · Feb 16, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
31 minutes ago, jakeem said:

omWV1cZs_bigger.jpg

An Alabama lawmaker has authored a bill that would require each man to undergo a vasectomy at age 50 or "after the birth of his third biological child, whichever comes first." Under Rep. Rolanda Hollis' proposal, men would have to pay for the procedure.

6:50 PM · Feb 16, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Well I know where you got that idea from...

87888684.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=618&

Yes BOTH male and female can be sterilized if they break China's now 2 baby limit laws.

Could be an excellent option for those deadbeat dads not paying child support!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbIA8rQUQmzUUdYhh15fz

Trump campaign manager deletes dramatic Air Force One photo after people point out it's from 2004

.....Trump's campaign manager deleted a tweet featuring a dramatic photo of Air Force One at the Daytona 500

after users pointed out that the shot was from President George W. Bush's visit to the NASCAR race in 2004, not from Trump's visit on Sunday.

Brad Parscale tweeted the 2004 photo, which shows Air Force One rising above packed stands at the Daytona International Speedway in Florida, and wrote, ".@realDonaldTrump won the #Daytona500 before the race even started.".........

the photo was taken by photographer Jonathan Ferrey on February 15, 2004, after Bush's visit to the racetrack, as Air Force One took off from the adjacent Daytona Beach International Airport.

"I have a lot of talented colleagues photographing the Daytona 500 this year," Ferrey told CNN. "I am unfortunately not there today, but apparently I won the Daytona 500 photography before the race even started."..........

:rolleyes:   :lol:
  • Haha 2

The 400 repatriated U.S. citizens from the quarantined passenger liner, Diamond Princess are flying home and will be greeted by President Trump at the White House - or so, one might wish.  :lol:

• Haha 1

64471442007f45008573b0964b221e8a.jpg

Trump rides around the Daytona 500 track in the safety of the Beast.   An open air limousine would have been more impressive.

Failing that partaking in a demolition derby would have been fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Picture_24_bigger.png

"Since he joined the Administration just over a year ago, Barr has operated in a manner that has raised serious questions about whether he is working to benefit the President or the people," writes Joyce White Vance

6:32 AM · Feb 17, 2020·Sprinklr
  • Thanks 1

OlchlWd8_bigger.jpg

We have an individual in the White House who lies almost every time he opens his mouth; who puts his own interests before the nation’s interests at every turn; and who breaks the law routinely, without any regret. The only question that matters: Do you want 4 more years of him?

6:33 PM · Feb 16, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
  • Sad 1

DijesdNB_bigger.jpg

Dems respond to the Pentagon's plans to divert $3.8B in military funds to pay for construction of hundreds more miles of the southern border wall, with Speaker Pelosi and Sen. Schumer saying the decision violates "Congress’s exclusive power of the purse."

6:03 AM · Feb 17, 2020·SocialFlow
  • Sad 1

qWDd71_8_bigger.jpg

Finally: The latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found a huge drop in support for Trump among women. The president trails by 32 points among registered women voters when they were asked if they would vote for the president or the eventual Dem nominee.
6:45 AM · Feb 17, 2020·Twitter Web App
  • Like 2
21 minutes ago, jakeem said:

qWDd71_8_bigger.jpg

Finally: The latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found a huge drop in support for Trump among women. The president trails by 32 points among registered women voters when they were asked if they would vote for the president or the eventual Dem nominee.
6:45 AM · Feb 17, 2020·Twitter Web App

OlchlWd8_bigger.jpg

We have an individual in the White House who lies almost every time he opens his mouth; who puts his own interests before the nation’s interests at every turn; and who breaks the law routinely, without any regret. The only question that matters: Do you want 4 more years of him?

Ewwww.  Who the heck are these 30% who like Trump.  I'm glad that I don't know any of them.

• Haha 1

LnvhR8ED_bigger.png

CNN

12 international and World Health Organization (WHO) experts landed in Beijing yesterday for a joint mission with Chinese national experts to study the novel coronavirus.

6:34 AM · Feb 17, 2020·SocialFlow