Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

President Trump has upended the panel of federal watchdogs overseeing implementation of the $2 trillion coronavirus law

A panel of inspectors general named the acting Pentagon watchdog to lead the group monitoring the $2T coronavirus relief effort.

But Trump removed him from his post, instead naming an EPA inspector general to serve as the temporary Pentagon watchdog

12:05 PM · Apr 7, 2020·Twitter Web App
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

BLd8F_9E_bigger.jpg

It will fall to other inspectors general, particularl DOJ watchdog Michael Horowitz, to name a new coronavirus law watchdog.

The law charges the panel of IGs Horowitz leads with picking the head of the new coronavirus panel.

12:04 PM · Apr 7, 2020·TweetDeck

14 minutes ago, jakeem said:

image_bigger.jpg

Gov. Edwards: African Americans, 32 percent of Louisiana’s population, account for more than 70 percent of the state’s Covid deaths. The primary cause: Hypertension as an underlying condition. When will we save lives by addressing inequality in preventive medicine?

Research by the American Heart Association indicates that 40 percent of African American suffer from hypertension. Educational outreach resulting in proactive treatment efforts is seen as an important remedy.

5:17 PM · Apr 6, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

This have been warned about by the AHA, CDC, Heart.org long before this outbreak.

https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/consumer-healthcare/what-is-cardiovascular-disease/african-americans-and-heart-disease-stroke

Heart disease is the No. 1 killer for all Americans, and stroke is also a leading cause of death. As frightening as those statistics are the risks of getting those diseases are even higher for African-Americans.

Jul 31, 2015

Some good news for those 65 and older

African Americans are living longer. The death rate for African Americans has declined about 25% over 17 years, primarily for those aged 65 years and older.

https://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/aahealth/index.html

graphic-b_920px.png

mRBhigcY_bigger.jpg

As the New York death toll surged to its highest one-day total, Gov. Andrew Cuomo projected that the state is reaching a plateau in coronavirus hospitalizations due to strict social distancing measures.

11:59 AM · Apr 7, 2020·TweetDeck
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

What projects?  Outside of the repurposed drugs already discussed (link below), blood transfusions from recovered Corona patients and the hope of the SAR/MERS vaccine patch, what else is there?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/who-launches-global-megatrial-four-most-promising-coronavirus-treatments#

Since you and I are not doctors in the research science of epidemiology, it's understandable that we have no idea what is really going on in research and what the experts and authorities are actually tackling-- just by reading articles intended for the non-medical public.

And if you have research that is superior to what Dr Anthony Fauci is aware of, then I would suggest you call him and give him the good news.

And while you're at it, you need to write your research down and tell the JAMA -- the Journal of the American Medical Association-- that this is their lucky day because they should publish what you say immediately to end the coronavirus pandemic.

And I'm sure they will be thrilled to hear from you even though you don't have a MD, PhD or any academic or medical qualifications.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Stop with this "you're not a doctor" psychology HS.   Trying to kill the discussion! :angry:

11 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Stop with this "you're not a doctor HS". Trying to kill the discussion!

Reading layman  articles meant for the general public and thinking that the doctors don't have more complicated and vast, detailed information is not just naive-- it's unrealistic.

I'm not a doctor either, that's why I know that to be true.

I don't think like a doctor or research scientist because I'm not qualified or trained to think like one-- and neither are you.

To be very frank with you, there are no viable Medical articles of research that you and I could even  understand on the subject.

That's why we have people like Dr Anthony Stephan Fauci.

I'm not stupid enough or arrogant enough to think I know more about epidemiology than

Dr Fauci does.

So, let's leave the research to the experts.

• Like 2

You are talking to someone who thinks he knows better than Charles Darwin who had been proven correct by DNA.

• Haha 1

Scoop: Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly has submitted his resignation

a day after a leaked audio showed him calling ousted commander of USS Theodore Roosevelt "stupid" in address to ship's crew, a US official and a former senior military official tell me.

<_<
  • Haha 1

xhh20as__bigger.jpg

BREAKING: Defense Secretary Esper has accepted Acting Navy Secretary Modly's resignation following the leaked recording of Modly's comments on the USSS Theodore Roosevelt calling ousted Captain Crozier "naive" and "stupid." Esper notes that he "resigned of his own accord"

4:53 PM · Apr 7, 2020·Twitter Web App
  • Thanks 1

DqKNeMaJ_bigger.jpg

Trump said that he knows “all about” Peter Navarro’s January 29th memo, which warned of the impact of a coronavirus pandemic. “I know all about it. We’ll talk about it at the press conference,” Trump said during a conference call with banks, per @maeganvaz

4:25 PM · Apr 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

xJ3Me1KK_bigger.jpg

The current count per @MSNBC:

- 386,077 U.S. COVID-19 diagnoses
- 12,234 Americans dead
- 77,852 dead in the rest of the world COMBINED (at least officially).

That means the U.S. represents about 16 percent of the total deaths worldwide.

4:55 PM · Apr 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

iv53EUUj_bigger.jpg

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced he will work with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer to get the Senate to approve more money for an emergency lending program for small businesses.

4:55 PM · Apr 7, 2020·SocialFlow

XV3IwBd4_bigger.jpg

From December through March, as the outbreak ravaged China, more than 3,200 flights left the Asian nation on direct routes to at least 20 cities across the US according to an ABC News analysis of more than 20 million flight records obtained from the tracking service Flightradar24

5:05 PM · Apr 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

Why didn’t the I.G., who spent 8 years with the Obama Administration (Did she Report on the failed H1N1 Swine Flu debacle where 17,000 people died?), want to talk to the Admirals, Generals, V.P. & others in charge, before doing her report. Another Fake Dossier!

11:22 AM · Apr 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
  • Haha 1

mRBhigcY_bigger.jpg

As of the end of March, ICE had identified 600 undocumented immigrants in its custody who are vulnerable to coronavirus and released more than 160 of them.

5:13 PM · Apr 7, 2020·TweetDeck

XrjaOfP__bigger.jpg

Voter suppression, finagling, and outright rat****ing is so much a part of the conservative DNA by now that the Republican Party cannot conceive of an election without them.

5:29 PM · Apr 7, 2020·TweetDeck
  • Sad 1