Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey fired back at Trump after the president accused him of weak leadership:

"Weakness is refusing to take responsibility for your own actions. Weakness is pointing your finger at somebody else, during a time of crisis."

9:59 AM · May 29, 2020·TweetDeck
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

XrjaOfP__bigger.jpg

There is no question as to what rough beast slouches through America these days, and it is not preparing to be born but, rather, it has never died. The beast is as American a product as Spam or a Model-T Ford.

11:10 AM · May 29, 2020·TweetDeck
  • Sad 2

eSnkZy2V_bigger.jpg

After stoking the fires of white supremacy and racism your entire presidency, you have the nerve to feign moral superiority before threatening violence? ‘When the looting starts the shooting starts’??? We will vote you out in November.

11:33 AM · May 29, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
  • Like 1

byMef2Ur_bigger.jpg

I know you're all dreading POTUS doing a press conference, but remember, every time he talks, it's an in-kind contribution to the Biden campaign. I hope he's back to doing a presser every day now.

12:55 PM · May 29, 2020·TweetDeck
  • Haha 1

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

Contrary to conventional wisdom, famed Democratic pollster Stan Greenberg says Elizabeth Warren would bring the biggest political upside as Biden's VP pick

7:42 AM · May 28, 2020·Hootsuite Inc.
  • Like 3

Nation Astonished by Spectacle of Twitter Management Demonstrating Responsibility

borowitz-andy.png
May 29, 2020

Chief executive officer of Twitter Inc. and Square Inc. Jack Dorsey. Photograph by Chesnot / Getty

SAN FRANCISCO (The Borowitz Report)—Reacting to a bizarre development that no one saw coming, Americans this week have been dumbfounded by the unfathomable spectacle of Twitter’s senior management demonstrating responsibility.

In interviews across the country, people from all walks of life expressed shock and disbelief that Twitter executives appeared to recognize that their social-media platform was a potentially destructive entity that required a modicum of oversight from those supposedly running it.

“At first, when I saw that they were fact-checking tweets, I thought it was some kind of fluke,” Carol Foyler, a Twitter user from Topeka, said. “But then when they started hiding tweets for glorifying violence, I was, like, O.K., this is getting weird.”

“It almost seems like Twitter has been taken over by someone like Bill Gates or George Soros,” Harland Dorrinson, a user from Phoenix, said. “I would tweet something about that, but I’m afraid they might fact-check it.”

Tracy Klugian, a securities analyst who has been on Twitter since its inception, expressed concern that, by exhibiting even modest signs of adult responsibility, the company is “heading down a slippery slope.”

“Today it’s falsehoods and incitements to violence, but what will it be tomorrow?” he said. “Will Twitter start policing racists, misogynists, and Nazis? Their entire business model is at risk.”

RmsOl1zv_bigger.jpg

Our country allows for peaceful protests, but there is no reason for violence. I’ve seen our citizens unify & take care of one another through COVID19 & we can’t stop now. My deepest condolences to the family of George Floyd. As a nation, let's focus on peace, prayers & healing.

10:10 AM · May 29, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
  • Haha 2

The Most Mendacious President in U.S. History

On Trump, his Twitter lies, and why it’s getting worse.
glasser-susan-01.png
May 29, 2020

U.S. President Trump speaks to the press. Seeing Donald Trump’s falsehoods as foibles is folly. His lies are a feature, not a bug, of his Presidency—indeed, of his entire public persona.Photograph by Drew Angerer / Getty