Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

The White House’s ever-mutating press conferences have found a new form.

They’re short, with frequent prepared commentary and press critiques.

6:30 AM · Jul 10, 2020·Hootsuite Inc.

fQrin-BI_bigger.jpg

Trump complained on Hannity tonight that the media keeps reporting on coronavirus cases. He said, "All the time, 'cases.' And those cases get better. In most -- most cases -- in almost -- I mean, literally, in most cases, they automatically cure. They automatically get better."

10:10 PM · Jul 9, 2020·Twitter Web App
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, jakeem said:

28a_ytJJ_bigger.jpg

NEW: A GOP member of the Alabama state Senate serving on the state’s coronavirus task force says he’s not fazed by a recent surge in confirmed cases. In fact, he would “like to see more people” contract the virus in order to build herd immunity.

8:54 PM · Jul 9, 2020·SocialFlow

Good call, buddy.   Scientists say that with all safeguards withdrawn this will still take 5 years to achieve and approximately 3 million dead.  Not to mention how this irresponsible act would impact the rest of the world which is choosing not to follow this insane path.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8z9FImcv_bigger.png

The U.S. Roman Catholic Church used a special and unprecedented exemption from federal rules to amass at least $1.4 billion in taxpayer-backed coronavirus aid, @AP exclusive finds.

2:26 AM · Jul 10, 2020·SocialFlow

4qLkUTsf_bigger.jpg

Replying to
@AP

Loan recipients included about 40 dioceses that have spent hundreds of millions of dollars in the past few years paying victims through compensation funds or bankruptcy proceedings. AP’s review found that these dioceses were approved for about $200 million

2:40 AM · Jul 10, 2020·Twitter for iPad

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

America’s intelligence agencies risk slipping back into dangerous pre-9/11 habits, a recently departed top counterterrorism official is warning in his first public remarks on the matter

7:10 AM · Jul 10, 2020·Hootsuite Inc.
  • Sad 1

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

As many as 250,000 to 370,000 deaths may have been averted between March and May 15 as a result of the statewide stay-at-home orders enacted to mitigate spread of the coronavirus, a new study projects.

11:28 PM · Jul 9, 2020·TweetDeck
  • Thanks 2

lkTciwED_bigger.jpg

Debates swing voters just aren't that tuned into, at least in the polling I'm seeing:

Confederate statues
Biden's mental acuity
Trump's taxes

Things we know swing voters *do* care about:

COVID response
Policing/race relations
Economy/jobs

12:51 PM · Jul 9, 2020·Twitter Web App
  • Thanks 1

tfKuA5bx_bigger.jpg

TRUMP: "I was very nice to Mayor de Blasio. I got him ventilators when he needed them... I got him the gowns. I got him the masks. I got him everything... Then he throws a big Black Lives Matter sign right down in the middle of Fifth Avenue."

10:22 PM · Jul 9, 2020·Twitter Web App
  • Haha 3

Americans Overwhelmingly Favor Sending Trump Back to School in Fall

undefined
July 9, 2020

U.S. President Donald Trump pauses during an event. Photograph by Yuri Gripas / Abaca / Bloomberg / Getty

WASHINGTON, D.C. (The Borowitz Report)—Amid the debate over reopening the nation’s schools, a new poll shows that an overwhelming majority of Americans would like Donald J. Trump to go back to school in the fall.

Due to social-distancing requirements, those surveyed agreed that there should be limits on class size when Trump returns to school, but that his class should be large enough to accommodate other education-starved students such as Jared Kushner, Rand Paul, and Betsy DeVos.

Although Americans acknowledge that the logistics of sending Trump back to school could be complicated and expensive, the cost of his continuing lack of education is far greater, the poll indicates.

Americans were split on which school subjects they would like to see Trump focus on most when he returns to the classroom.

Science and math received the strongest support, but a substantial number of respondents also favored history, geography, and English.

Finally, if Trump is ordered back to school in the fall, a vast majority of respondents urged that steps be taken to insure that he does not send someone else in his place.

• Haha 2