Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

UgT1jnoi_bigger.jpg

As Republicans wrap up the Amy Coney Barrett hearing with plans to vote, Dianne Feinstein praises Lindsey Graham: "I just want to thank you. This has been one of the best set of hearings that I've participated in," she tells him. "Thank you so much for your leadership."

The brown nose doctrine lives strongly in her. 

I was watching Sunrise at Campobello last night. I've seen it many times, but in the context of our current climate, it made me both proud and sad. Proud that New York has given the country FDR -- one of the greatest presidents -- perhaps the greatest --  in history; sad because we've also given America the current incumbent, who is the worst president in history.

fdr-hat-l.jpg

• Thanks 1

kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

I will be doing a major Fake @NBCNews Town Hall Forum, live tonight from Miami, at 8:00 P.M. They asked me to do it in place of the Rigged Steve Scully (he is now suspended from @cspan for lying) Debate. I wonder if they’ll treat me as well as Sleepy Joe? They should!

• Haha 2

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

After spending a decade trying to repeal Obamacare, Republicans are now insisting it is not in peril and that there’s no proof Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett will attempt to strike it down

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, jakeem said:

kUuht00m_bigger.jpg

I will be doing a major Fake @NBCNews Town Hall Forum, live tonight from Miami, at 8:00 P.M. They asked me to do it in place of the Rigged Steve Scully (he is now suspended from @cspan for lying) Debate. I wonder if they’ll treat me as well as Sleepy Joe? They should!

NBC, Under Fire for Trump Event, Faces a Big Test and Bad Memories

Rachel Maddow of MSNBC criticized the decision to air the town hall opposite ABC’s Biden forum tonight.

NBC stars and producers also objected as Savannah Guthrie prepared to moderate.

..........declared that NBC had made the wrong call. “Having dueling town halls is bad for democracy — voters should be able to watch both and I don’t think many will,” ......

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/15/business/media/nbc-town-hall-backlash.html

:unsure:

=============================================

'Craven Ratings Stunt:' NBC Rebuked for Booking Trump Town Hall Opposite Biden's on Rival ABC

Calls for #NBCblackout on Thursday night after network accused of "caving to the Trumpian impulses the network helped hone."

"......critics and employees at the network—the longtime home of Trump's reality shows, "The Apprentice" and "Celebrity Apprentice"—say the president will likely bring high ratings to the network as Americans tune in to watch the spectacle of Trump answering questions and spreading misinformation about the coronavirus pandemic and other issues. 

"This decision is not just journalistically incorrect, but morally incorrect," said television writer Nell Scovell. ......

"You are enabling the president's bad behavior while undercutting the Presidential Debate Commission and doing a disservice to the American public. We believe this kind of indifference to the norms and rules of our democracy are what have brought our country to this perilous state."
—100+ current and former NBC employees.....

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/15/craven-ratings-stunt-nbc-rebuked-booking-trump-town-hall-opposite-bidens-rival-abc

-_-

Obama: Trump is a 'symptom' of misinformation,

QAnon is 'seeping' into GOP

........"Social media, media infrastructure, the conservative media infrastructure. We've had this conversation before. That is a problem that is going to outlast Trump. Trump is a symptom of it and an accelerant to it,” he said in the interview, which was released Wednesday evening. “It has gotten turbocharged because of social media. And because the head of our government, of our federal government has resorted to it.” .........

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/521145-obama-trump-is-a-symptom-of-misinformation-qanon-is-seeping-into-gop

:huh:

• Thanks 1

The Biden campaign released an 8-paragraph statement detailing last negative tests, last contact, social distance and mask protocols after the Harris staffer's positive test.

Meanwhile, Bloomberg had to report Hope Hicks testing positive because the Trump W.H. did not reveal.

-_-

: “You could clear this up tonight by just releasing your tax returns yourself.”

President Trump: “As you know, I’m under audit.”

Savannah: “The IRS says that doesn’t stop you from releasing.” #TrumpTownHall

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Pres. Trump: “That was a retweet, I’ll put it out there. People can decide for themselves.”

: “I don’t get that. You’re the president. You’re not, like, someone’s crazy uncle who can just retweet whatever.” #TrumpTownHall

:wacko:

• Haha 2

5 takeaways from Trump and Biden's dueling town halls

Trump gave QAnon a boost, but forgot to attack Biden, who called his own crime bill a "mistake" and said his view of court changes "depends."

many Republicans were baffled by Trump’s decision to withdraw from the second presidential debate when he’s down in the polls and needs every opportunity possible to try disrupt the race’s status quo.

Going into the town hall, Biden led Trump by 9.2 points in the NBC News national polling average. Most swing-state polls in recent months show the Democrat to be the favorite.

It was not clear the town halls would change the trajectory.

Here are five takeaways from the two events:...................

.........It was apt that two polar-opposite candidates offered polar-opposite tones as they faced questions from the moderators and voters.

Biden spoke in calm and conciliatory tones, calling for listening to scientists on a national coronavirus policy and promising to work with Republicans to achieve bipartisan goals........

Trump, meanwhile, was often hostile to Guthrie’s questioning. He complained constantly about the media, the IRS and others treating him unfairly...............

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/5-takeaways-trump-biden-s-dueling-town-halls-n1243671?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

• Haha 1

5 winners and 3 losers from the dueling Trump-Biden town halls

Winner: Savannah Guthrie.

Loser: Trump.

...........This is all because Trump refused to do Thursday’s planned virtual town hall debate due to his Covid-19 diagnosis, so Biden decided to schedule a solo town hall on ABC at 8 pm Eastern. Trump, looking to counterprogram Biden, convinced NBC to schedule his own town hall at the same time — hoping to win the ratings war and come out looking stronger than Biden.

Trump may regret that strategy; he faced hard questions from voters and NBC host Savannah Guthrie on issues ranging from wearing masks to electoral fraud to Trump’s refusal to disavow extremist groups, eliciting a series of responses that ranged from blatantly false (claiming masks don’t really work) to the dangerously absurd (suggesting some parts of the QAnon conspiracy theory might actually be true).

Meanwhile, Biden’s town hall was calm, polite, and packed with policy substance. Biden laid out plans for how he would get Covid-19 under control and reorient the economy toward being more equitable for lower-income Americans — two things Trump has not accomplished. For voters yearning for a return to some sense of normalcy, Biden hit all the right notes.

The night-and-day contrast served to highlight the core differences between the two options in front of the American people: continuing the reality TV maelstrom of the Trump presidency or a shift to a Biden presidency, where politics returns to being boring, and maybe even calm.

What follows is our attempt to figure out who benefited from the events and their striking contrasts — and who came out looking just a little bit worse............

a consistent theme among voters who dislike Trump and favor Biden: They’re tired of the daily chaos of the past four years — whether it’s the revolving door for White House chiefs of staff or Trump catching Covid-19 himself.

If a comparatively boring town hall means America can go back to the days where the country doesn’t have to worry about what the president is tweeting, that’s a win for Biden..........

If the town hall format brought out Biden’s strengths — his ability to empathize with voters, his long experience with and knowledge about policymaking — it brought out Trump’s weaknesses in the same areas. His event served to remind us that his presidency has been four years of chaos and conflict, with too little in the way of substance done to help ordinary Americans in an especially difficult time in our history.......

Winner: Substance.......

https://www.vox.com/2020/10/15/21518677/trump-biden-town-hall-winners-losers

28a_ytJJ_bigger.jpg

Asked at the NBC town hall about his tax returns and who he owes $421 million to, Trump instead called the NYT report "illegal" and said the numbers were "lies" before complaining that the "IRS treats [him] badly"

• Haha 1

28a_ytJJ_bigger.jpg

The FBI has seized the laptop central to a controversial story in the New York Post about Hunter Biden, and the agency is investigating whether the emails purportedly contained in it are products of a foreign intelligence operation