Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

v90LrlR__bigger.jpg

As President Trump jetted across the country holding campaign rallies during the past two months, he didn’t just defy state orders and federal health guidelines. He left a trail of coronavirus outbreaks in his wake.

• Sad 3

CNN Poll: Biden wins final presidential debate

Fact check: Toned-down Trump continues his onslaught of falsehoods

CNN: Trump might have modulated his outbursts, but he didn't turn down the gusher of untruths -- especially when he denied a "dark winter" was looming. In reality, the pandemic is again raging with nearly 2,000 new deaths reported in the last two days alone in a roll of tragedy that has now seen 223,000 Americans die.

• Thanks 3

DtGEER_-_bigger.jpg

Republicans haven’t figured out America has and is fundamentally changing. A majority of country: wants something done on fossil fuels and climate change, don’t believe tax cuts for wealthy is good idea, supports same sex marriage and Roe v. Wade, believes healthcare is a right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I woulda thought on these forums & given the majority it seems of OLD HOLLYWOOD STARS either were more conservative or just didn't get involved, that most in this section also would have been very surprised

9 minutes ago, spence said:

I woulda thought on these forums & given the majority it seems of OLD HOLLYWOOD STARS either were more conservative or just didn't get involved, that most in this section also would have been very surprised

That wouldn't describe the following people:

Melvyn Douglas

Katharine Hepburn

Spencer Tracy

Humphrey Bogart

Paul Newman

Jeff Chandler

Tony Curtis

Judy Garland

Sammy Davis jr.

Frances Farmer

Frank Sinatra in the Rat Pack days

Lloyd Bridges

Gene Kelly

Larry Parks

Sidney Poitier

Richard Widmark

Robert Ryan

Bette Davis

Excetera excetera excetera

There have always been people in Hollywood who stood for equality and fairness and who were not afraid to say so in public. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

That wouldn't describe the following people:

Melvyn Douglas

Katharine Hepburn

Spencer Tracy

Humphrey Bogart

Paul Newman

Jeff Chandler

Tony Curtis

Judy Garland

Sammy Davis jr.

Frances Farmer

Frank Sinatra in the Rat Pack days

Lloyd Bridges

Gene Kelly

Larry Parks

Sidney Poitier

Richard Widmark

Robert Ryan

Bette Davis

Excetera excetera excetera

There have always been people in Hollywood who stood for equality and fairness and who were not afraid to say so in public. 

O I certainly know of the stars that were vocal in those days  THANX & *Cagney pretty much was, even had Mario Cuomo as a pallbearer at his 1986 funeral

& good to you piinting out the difference in SINATRA as well

I heard Errol Flynn would just laugh very hard at such things

& I suspect Garbo was also on Kate's side of the fence

& despite being among my idols The Great 0ne Jackie Gleason was pretty quiet as well about such things, though even his friends, family & fans scratch their heads at his friendship with Richard Nixon???

& think Elvis was more conservative

(P.S. i've always strongly suspected the reason John Wayne was voted all the way down the list at #13th in 1999's ADFI's 100 Years...100 Stars is his well known politics, which he got from John Ford for the most pt & unlike today in older times people didn;t lose family, marriage & friendship over politics like today, not to mention violence, best case in pt is he & *Kate & then Bacall

4 minutes ago, spence said:

O I certainly know of the stars that were vocal in those days  THANX & *Cagney pretty much was, even had Mario Cuomo as a pallbearer at his 1986 funeral

& good to you piinting out the difference in SINATRA as well

I heard Errol Flynn would just laugh very hard at such things

& I suspect Garbo was also on Kate's side of the fence

& despite being among my idols The Great 0ne Jackie Gleason was pretty quiet as well about such things, though even his friends, family & fans scratch their heads at his friendship with Richard Nixon???

& think Elvis was more conservative

(P.S. i've always strongly suspected the reason John Wayne was voted all the way down the list at #13th in 1999's ADFI's 100 Years...100 Stars is his well known politics, which he got from John Ford for the most pt & unlike today in older times people didn;t lose family, marriage & friendship over politics like today, not to mention violence, best case in pt is he & *Kate & then Bacall

The films that John Ford made in the 60s show me that whatever he may have been previously--

he wasn't racist anymore.

John Wayne, like everybody else, has to take responsibility for his own behavior, words and actions.

If's bad enough that John Wayne was an active, public racist,

but to be a coward when his Country most needed him, and then to brag about his so-called patriotism--

it's truly nauseating.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

The films that John Ford made in the 60s show me that whatever he may have been previously--

he wasn't racist anymore.

John Wayne, like everybody else, has to take responsibility for his own behavior, words and actions.

If's bad enough that John Wayne was an active, public racist,

but to be a coward when his Country most needed him, and then to brag about his so-called patriotism--

it's truly nauseating.

though i personally don't know much about it Elvis is also tagged as a rascist?

_oPZ0zM2_bigger.jpg

Ken Kurson was Jared Kushner’s handpicked successor to run his failed @observer newspaper. Kurson was also offered a job in the Trump administration until a routine FBI background check uncovered harassment allegations. Kurson was arrested today on federal cyber-stalking charges.

• Haha 1