Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

mzyr24VC_bigger.jpg

Russian President Vladimir Putin has yet to offer congratulations to U.S. President-elect Joe Biden, saying he will wait for the results to be legally certified or for there to be a concession.

The Washington Post
The Post Most

1ff8e9f3d0fa95a98749432a36ab2968-KUWRS4BLO4I6XEVXN3YXWP7DWQ-600-0-70-8.jpg

(Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post)

Trump privately plots his next act — including a potential 2024 run

In a nod to the reality that he is destined to leave office in January, the president is seriously contemplating life beyond the White House, telling advisers he wants to remain an omnipresent force in politics and the media.

By Philip Rucker, Ashley Parker and Josh Dawsey   Read more »

In scathing opinion, federal judge dismisses Trump campaign lawsuit in Pennsylvania

By Jon Swaine   Read more »

Trump’s post-presidency will be cluttered with potentially serious legal battles

By Shayna Jacobs   Read more »

Biden reaches out. The GOP slaps him in the face.

Opinion   By E.J. Dionne Jr.   Read more »

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump AGAIN leaves virtual G20 early to play golf after denying 'Fake News' reports that he blew off Saturday's summit to hit the course

Trump leaves second day of virtual G20 early to head to golf course

For a second day in a row, President Donald Trump left the virtual G20 early to go golfing at his Virginia resort. Earlier, Trump had bristled at news reports that said he blew off a part of the G20 on Saturday to go golfing. 'Just arrived at Virtual G20,' Trump tweeted Sunday morning. 'Was here yesterday also (early), but some of the Fake News Media failed to report it accurately - as usual. My speech is available (they said I didn’t make a speech).' Several outlets, including The New York Times and The Guardian, reported that Trump briefly participated Saturday before taking the motorcade out to his Sterling, Virginia property. 

11/22/2020 12:45:09
TOTAL ESTIMATED U.S. COVID-19 DEATHS: 253,764

Trump Death Clock

Estimated U.S. COVID-19 Deaths Due To POTUS Inaction
In January 2020, the Trump administration was advised that immediate action was required to stop the spread of COVID-19. According to NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci, “there was a lot of pushback” to this advice. President Trump declined to act until March 16th. Experts estimate that, had mitigation measures been implemented one week earlier, 60% of American COVID-19 deaths would have been avoided. (For further reading, click here).
  • Haha 1

So, Trump says it is fake news that he didn't attend the G20.  Sure he sent a pre-recorded message that trashed the Paris Climate Accord among other things.  I guess by that he thought that was attending.  Did he listen to anything anyone else had to say?  Not interested.  He went golding.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On why Trump is now hiding out:  "Well, Donald is a coward.  He is a small racist man who can't handle that he lost the election."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The same way far-left progressives get elected.

Oh, come on.  That is the biggest false equivalency I've heard in ages.  I'm not talking about far left or far right policies.  I'm talking about clear cut wacko fruit cakes here.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Oh, come on.  That is the biggest false equivalency I've heard in ages.  I'm not talking about far left or far right policies.  I'm talking about clear cut wacko fruit cakes here.

I see no false equivalency;  You asked:   How politicians  "get elected time and time again".    The reason is the same for ALL politicians (except for the office of President):    they convince a majority of voters to vote for them.

You can define any politician as a clear cut wacko,   but clearly a majority of voters in the district \ state \ county  (depending on the office),   define those politicians differently then you.

Note that I observed the debate Cid and you  were having and to me it is the same topic:   Really this is NOT an attempt to insult you,  it is just my opinion:   Your failure to understand what makes people vote the way they do and just labeling them as braindead when they vote for,  or favor politicians,  you don't.

Instead of posting the prior post as a question:   How do these farcical creatures get elected time and time again.

You could have just posted:   there must be a lot of braindead people in Nunes' district for him to get elected time and time again.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

How do these farcical creatures get elected time and time again

Not trying to start an argument, but the answer is quite simple and not unique to America.  Look at Europe, South America, Africa, etc.  And yes, some of them through questionable means, but many also through legitimate means.  I imagine even a few despicable Canadians have been elected.

The voters are provided with a choice of 2 or several candidates.  They decide to vote for the one that is most likely to meet their personal desires.  This may be for economic, religious, environmental, social, racial or any number of reasons.  The fact they get re-elected time and time again shows that a majority of voters must like them or at least more than anyone running against them.

It's politics.

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I see no false equivalency;  You asked:   How politicians  "get elected time and time again".    The reason is the same for ALL politicians (except for the office of President):    they convince a majority of voters to vote for them.

You can define any politician as a clear cut wacko,   but clearly a majority of voters in the district \ state \ county  (depending on the office),   define those politicians differently then you.

Note that I observed the debate Cid and you  were having and to me it is the same topic:   Really this is NOT an attempt to insult you,  it is just my opinion:   Your failure to understand what makes people vote the way they do and just labeling them as braindead when they vote for,  or favor politicians,  you don't.

Instead of posting the prior post as a question:   How do these farcical creatures get elected time and time again.

You could have just posted:   there must be a lot of braindead people in Nunes' district for him to get elected time and time again.

It was a comical rhetorical question.  I'm surprised that you who are pretty smart didn't see that.

I mean seriously you don't think I know how politics work?  There are two choices, etc....  Duh.

I was merely pointing out that we live in a strange ****ed up world that allows the worst to rise to the top.

The pair of you really like to go after me for anything that I write.  I guess that's how you get your kicks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28a_ytJJ_bigger.jpg

New York City sheriffs say they shut down an illegal swingers’ club that had packed more than 80 people into its secret location in violation of pandemic orders.