Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

Ahead of another brutal fight for Senate control and a 2022 map tilted against the GOP, Republicans are racing to persuade their incumbents to run again

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein lists 21 GOP senators who have 'privately' expressed their 'extreme contempt' for Trump

Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein lists 21 GOP senators

Watergate reporter Carl Bernstein has listed 21 Republican senators who he says have 'privately expressed' their 'extreme contempt' for Donald Trump. Bernstein called out Trump in a series of tweets on Sunday and named the 21 GOP senators who have expressed disdain for 'his fitness to be President of the United States'. 'Many if not most of these individuals, from what I have been told, were happy to see Donald Trump defeated in this election as long as the Senate could be controlled by the Republicans,' Bernstein said during an appearance on CNN. The tweet, which garnered 37,600 likes, read: 'I'm not violating any pledge of journalistic confidentially in reporting this: 21 Republican Sens–in convos w/ colleagues, staff members, lobbyists, W. House aides–have repeatedly expressed extreme contempt for Trump and his fitness to be POTUS. (1/3)' He continued: 'The 21 GOP Senators who have privately expressed their disdain for Trump are: Portman, Alexander, Sasse, Blunt, Collins, Murkowski, Cornyn, Thune, Romney, Braun, Young, Tim Scott, Rick Scott, Rubio, Grassley, Burr, Toomey, McSally, Moran, Roberts, Shelby.

And of course every one of them supported Trump's programs 99%, if not 100%, and his re-election bid.  Collins and Murkowski are worst hypocrites, as are all of them with the possible exception of Romney.  Why weren't they publicly saying this six months and four years ago?  BS!

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, ElCid said:

And of course every one of them supported Trump's programs 99%, if not 100%, and his re-election bid.  Collins and Murkowski are worst hypocrites, as are all of them with the possible exception of Romney.  Why weren't they publicly saying this six months and four years ago?  BS!

Carl Bernstein said on the weekend that he was going to release their names.  I guess it is to shame them if they know the meaning of such a word.

• Thanks 1

Z-2ftHoZ_bigger.png

Chair of Republican Party in Fond du Lac, WI.
Quote Tweet

t_tBy9Jn_mini.jpg

Rohn W. Bishop

@RohnWBishop
· Nov 21
The worst part of the GOP strategy is I've spent a decade supporting GOP laws to tighten up our elections. Voter ID, signing the book, etc. I've pushed back against Dem claims that we Repubs were trying to disenfranchise people. Now here we are, trying to disenfranchise people twitter.com/jeffwagner620/…
Show this thread
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

QcgK2k4V_bigger.jpg

Some threatened to withhold donations from the Georgia Senate races. Sidney Perkins, by threatening GOP Senate majority, may have single-handedly forced rethinks by Trump enablers, not only in business, but Fox News and talk radio too
Quote Tweet

iLkZ22LP_mini.jpg

Kate Kelly

@katekelly
· 2h
CEO letter demanding a swift transition, now public, drew more than 160 signatories, among them Larry Fink of @blackrock, @davidsolomon from @goldmansachs, Henry Kravis from @KKR_Co, and Julie Sweet of @Accenture. More here from @dannyhakim and me https://nytimes.com/2020/11/23/us/trump-economy-ny.html?smid=tw-share
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
9 hours ago, jakeem said:

v90LrlR__bigger.jpg

Americans are flocking to airports for travel ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday, even as the COVID-19 pandemic rages across the country and after the CDC pleaded with Americans not to travel.

Pgce45E6?format=jpg&name=small

In a world full of doubt, you can always depend on the idiocy of Americans. 

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, jakeem said:

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu traveled in secret yesterday to Saudi Arabia for a meeting with Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Israeli sources say

Saudi Foreign Minister Faisal bin Farhan has denied the secret meeting between Netanyahu and MBS took place — a signal that the Saudis may be unhappy with the leak. 

Netanyahu, meanwhile, has not denied the story.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and Bahrain's Foreign Minister Abdullatif bin Rashid Al Zayani at a press conference on November 18

Murderers Three.

27 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

In a world full of doubt, you can always depend on the idiocy of Americans. 

Guess we were different, but my family never travelled for Thanksgiving.  We never shopped then either.  My wife and I have never travelled for Thanksgiving nor shopped then either.

We did occasionally, but not often travel to see her parents or my parents at Christmas since they lived hundreds of miles away.  Always by car for all our travels such as this.

My parents didn't either because all our relatives lived pretty far away, though when my grandmother

was a widow we would go over to her house for Thanksgiving. That's where I developed a strong dislike

for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which we had to watch. Hour after hour of marching bands with

smiley face commentary. Please. Make. It. End. When we lived in Georgia we had an elderly neighbor

who came over for Thanksgiving and every year he would tell the same story about how his father had a

dog who would follow him into church and the minister would make a joke about it. But in the midst

of all this mess, there is one bright shining light which I will cherish--the Cowboys totally suck this year.

19QbYCgF_bigger.jpg

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern became the latest world leader to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden on his election victory, saying she offered to share her nation's expertise on dealing with the coronavirus.

• Like 2

19QbYCgF_bigger.jpg

"Jeopardy!" will resume production again next week, with Ken Jennings stepping in as the first guest host following the death of longtime host Alex Trebek earlier this month.