Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

NEW: William Walker, commanding general of the D.C. National Guard, will testify today that it took 3 hours and 19 minutes for Pentagon leadership to approve a request for National Guard assistance at the Capitol on Jan. 6, according to prepared remarks.
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

8z9FImcv_bigger.png

President Joe Biden and Democrats have agreed on stimulus check income limits in a $1.9 trillion virus relief bill, a Democratic official says. Under the deal $1,400 checks would go to Individuals earning up to $75,000 and couples earning up to $150,000.

1 minute ago, Arturo said:

Why don’t you talk about the vaccines coming to us in an accelerated timetable buy an administration competent in the planning and logistics??!!  Better to keep the yahoos keyed up and fearful that their lifestyle is ending with these culture wars, and have them  ready to support the next insurrection against our government.

It's called ratings...

Many of those talking heads you see on TV don't believe what they're saying (though some do).  They're doing it for the paycheck.   Most of them are just like Andy Griffith's Lonesome Rhodes, only there's no Patricia Neal to turn up their mics (most of the time) to catch them off-guard.

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, jakeem said:

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

In some of his most extensive remarks since Jan. 6, Mike Pence wrote an op-ed condemning House Democrats' sweeping election and anti-corruption proposal as "an unconstitutional power grab" by "leftists."

“Beat me again sir!!  I deserve it!!  Kick me again sir!! I will grovel at your feet!!  Come try kill me again sir!!!  I deserve it for not showing sufficient deference to you, my golden Idol and master!!!”

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

It's called ratings...

Many of those talking heads you see on TV don't believe what they're saying (though some do).  They're doing it for the paycheck.   Most of them are just like Andy Griffith's Lonesome Rhodes, only there's no Patricia Neal to turn up their mics (most of the time) to catch them off-guard.

This is even worse.  Getting them riled up by stuff they do not believe in, but for the money.  They are coconspirators in the Capitol insurrection and anything else the extreme right may attempt. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Arturo said:

“Beat me again sir!!  I deserve it!!  Kick me again sir!! I will grovel at your feet!!  Come try kill me again sir!!!  I deserve it for not showing sufficient deference to you, my golden Idol and master!!!”

His Golden Sh-wer Idol!

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

A Texas Judge accused Abbott this morning on CNN of diverting the vaccine to Republican counties and leaving Democratic ones under served.

He also offered that Abbott's new no mask mandate was a page out of Trump's playbook to divert attention away from the power outage disaster in their State.

YEP!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Security in DC is beefed up further after Capitol Police receive intelligence of a militia plot to breach the Capitol by far-right group Three Percenters on Thursday - the day QAnon loyalists believe Trump will be made president again 

Security in DC is beefed up further amid threat from far-right group Three Percenters

Capitol police received an intelligence bulletin on Tuesday warning of a far-right militia plot to breach the Capitol this Thursday, specifically naming a threat from the Three Percenters. Capitol police had announced earlier on Tuesday that they had been made aware of 'concerning information and intelligence pertaining to March 4th' and were increasing security as a result. According to the QAnon conspiracy theory, Thursday is the day that President Donald Trump (pictured center) will return to power. The Capitol is being guarded by almost 5,000 troops ahead of March 4 (pictured top and bottom). Members of the Three Percenters have been among those charged with involvement in the January 6 Capitol riot. According to a George Washington University study published on Tuesday, rioters included members of military networks, military 'clusters,' and 'inspired believers'.

One more day! :D

• Thanks 1
The Washington Post
The Post Most

8b77a5b66b5ac857a9b733fde27a0ba5-MNQTPVT4HQI6XDC6GLSHWQVVDM-600-0-70-8.jpg

(Greg Nash/Pool/AFP via Getty)

D.C. Guard chief says ‘unusual’ restrictions slowed deployment of backup during Capitol riot

Maj. Gen. William J. Walker said he didn’t receive approval to change the D.C. Guard’s mission and send his forces to the Capitol until three hours and 19 minutes after he first received an emotional call Jan. 6 from Capitol Police chief requesting urgent backup.

By Matt Zapotosky and Devlin Barrett   Read more »

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I wonder if they will ever be able to connect the dots with Trump's plan to let the insurrection play itself out so that the certification would be stopped.  And if his talks with Flynn and others about declaring martial law will be linked to January 6?

• Thanks 2

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

NEW: President Biden told pool reporters today that states that are relaxing coronavirus restrictions are making "a big mistake," adding: "The last thing we need is Neanderthal thinking."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

SCOOP: Republican Rep. Tom Reed has begun hiring staffers to work on a campaign for governor of New York, a clear sign he plans to formally launch a bid soon.

The drama surrounding incumbent Gov. Andrew Cuomo has created an opening for challengers. While it’d be a long shot for a Republican like Reed to win in the heavily Democratic state, many in his party see potential in their rivals' troubles.

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

NEW: The Interior Dept. has rescinded a Trump-era policy that the Biden administration says "improperly restricted" the use of science and data.   

It also ordered a review of its "scientific integrity policies," effective immediately.

• Like 3