Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

7 hours ago, jakeem said:

hEiDCKo2_bigger.jpg

The way Republicans booted Cheney out with a lot of boos and without a secret vote reminded me of the way purges were conducted in the Soviet Union. Yeltsin was ousted in exactly the same way, along with numerous Stalin opponents.

I'm guessing the consequences for those ousted by Stalin were a lot more serious than those

facing Cheney.

• Haha 1

y6yTzWn6_bigger.png

Rep. Chip Roy is considering launching a bid for House GOP conference chair as conservatives fret that the party is moving too quickly to anoint a successor to newly deposed Liz Cheney.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jakeem said:

............The meeting began with Cheney giving remarks to her colleagues, where she once again called out Trump for his "Big Lie" that the 2020 election was stolen and other Republicans who aided his efforts to overturn his loss, charging that she would lead "the fight to restore our party and our nation to conservative principles."

"We cannot let the former President drag us backward and make us complicit in his efforts to unravel our democracy," Cheney said in her remarks before being ousted. "Down that path lies our destruction, and potentially the destruction of our country."
Sources told CNN that when she criticized Trump, she was booed by some of her colleagues.
She concluded her remarks with a prayer, which earned her a standing ovation.......

Kevin McCarthy spoke briefly and a voice vote was called. Because it was a voice vote,
there is no tally of those who supported or opposed Cheney. ............

After her ouster, Cheney walked out of the meeting and addressed reporters, saying she plans to lead the fight to move the Republican Party closer to the fundamental principles of conservatism.
"I am absolutely committed, as I said last night, as I said just now to my colleagues, that we must go forward based on truth," she said. "We cannot both embrace the 'big lie' and embrace the Constitution........"
<_<

8z9FImcv_bigger.png

COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. have tumbled to an average of about 600 per day — the lowest level in 10 months. More than half of U.S. states have seen the average number of lives lost per day drop to single digits or, on some days, even zero.

225R_0xR_bigger.png

ICYMI: Gov. Brian Kemp is considering slashing jobless benefits in Georgia, putting the state in line to join others canceling the extra $300 in weekly payments that millions of Americans receive on top of their unemployment checks during the pandemic.

• Sad 1

v90LrlR__bigger.jpg

President Joe Biden announced a new round of judicial nominations Wednesday that underscored the administration's push to expand diversity on the federal bench as the White House moves rapidly to put its own stamp on the judiciary.

• Like 1

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

NEW: The Federal Election Commission has voted not to investigate allegations that Trump campaign representatives — including Donald Trump Jr. — solicited illegal foreign assistance in 2016, Axios has learned.

The commission deadlocked in a 3-3 vote on whether to probe potential campaign finance violations surrounding an infamous meeting with two Russian nationals at Trump Tower during the 2016 campaign.

• Sad 1