Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

It would be a great help if they actually got the money already allocated to people or landlords to

pay back rent. Last time I looked,  less than 10% is getting to the folks who need it. 

• Thanks 2
17 hours ago, jakeem said:

............“What a bunch of Schlubs,” Kelly tweeted on Sunday, sharing a photo of Vindman with his elderly father and twin brother. “IS this the waiting room at Jiffy Lube? No, it's the Vindman family---you know, that drama Queen who colluded with the Deep State to get TRUMP.”..........

Vindman shot back on Monday: “I’m not @SenTedCruz. I will not allow attacks on my wife and family go unanswered,” alluding to Trump’s insults about Sen. Cruz’s wife Heidi during the 2016 presidential campaign. “Your attacks are even more pathetic than your pitiful attempts at notoriety @gregkellyusa.”.............

• Like 2

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

The CDC has extended a controversial Trump-era policy that expels migrants to prevent the spread of COVID.

The Biden administration planned to end the policy last month but reconsidered as coronavirus cases began to surge due to the Delta variant.

• Sad 1
9 hours ago, jakeem said:

Meghan McCain isn't in the same league with Dr Mary Trump. Meghan seems to be drawn toward lose- lose situations, like the mess that she made of herself with "The View."

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, jakeem said:

I don't see what this special Texas Congressional race has to do with trump facing an embarrassing setback.

He already faced that on the first Tuesday of November last year.

• Haha 2

ms3D5ipo_bigger.jpg

NPR

Dolly Parton says she used some of the royalties she earned from Whitney Houston's cover of her song "I Will Always Love You" to invest in an office complex in a Black neighborhood in Nashville.

• Thanks 1

5FKx3xCI_bigger.jpg

“I thought this is the perfect place for me to be, considering it was Whitney so I just thought, ‘This is great, I’m just going to be down here with her people, who are my people as well.' I love the fact that I spent that money and I think ‘This is the house that Whitney built’”

• Thanks 1

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

Valarie Allman took home first in the discus throw finals, winning Team USA's first Olympic gold medal in track and field at the Tokyo Games. First place medal

But she hasn’t always been a discus-throwing athlete. Once a professional dancer, she took up the sport after being intrigued by a spaghetti dinner hosted by a group of throwers.

"[The group] said if you come try any of the throwing events you can come to the dinner," Allman recalled.

"That won me over. Now looking back, gosh darn that was the best spaghetti dinner of my entire life. I can't believe it." Spaghetti

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

In what the silver medalist called "the best race in Olympic history," Norway's Karsten Warholm shattered his own world record in the 400-m hurdles, breaking 46 secs.

2nd-place Rai Benjamin of the U.S. registered 46.17, also topping the previous record.

Warholm ran faster than 18 of the 48 men who raced in the regular 400-meter dash (!!!).

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

Weightlifter Laurel Hubbard expressed gratitude for the opportunity to compete "as any other athlete" in her first interview after becoming the first openly transgender woman to participate in the Olympic Games.

Her message for fellow transgender people:

“Life is difficult. There are always setbacks and disappointments, but if there is one message to go for, it is this: it gets better."