Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

1 hour ago, unwatchable said:

One does not "identify" as a race- or a gender for that matter. Using the left's own phrase, when it come to biology, isn't the "science settled"?

Depends on what you mean by "identify."  I'm part native American from my father's family.   My grandmother was part Cherokee and Osage.  My grandfather was part Chickasaw.  Some of my ancestors were on the Trail of Tears.  Intermarriage between Indians and Europeans goes back in our family tree to the 1700s.

When I had hair, it was blonde, and I have blue eyes and a very fair complexion.  No one would suspect I was part Native American by looks.  My brothers have darker complexion, brown eyes and black or brown hair.  Legally, I am mixed race, and state so when asked for that information on forms.  I am an enrolled member of the Osage tribe.   Culturally, however, I have no real ties to any of the 3 tribes in my gene pool.   Our family never did, and it's been that way, based on oral family history, going back to the late 1800s.  Our family was assimilated into the broader culture long ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's an interesting heritage, txfilmfan, and I understand the point you are making, but, the fact is- biologically- you are who you are, and nothing can change that.

I'll bet there are some very interesting stories your family has from their past.

3 minutes ago, unwatchable said:

That's an interesting heritage, txfilmfan, and I understand the point you are making, but, the fact is- biologically- you are who you are, and nothing can change that.

I'll bet there are some very interesting stories your family has from their past.

Agree that I am, and as I said, I state that I am when asked.  But, I don't really identify as Native American in my day-to-day life.  It has little meaning to me, other than the historical aspects.

NVnHvjJ7_bigger.jpg

New FAA data shows that unruly passenger behavior on commercial flights is on the rise.

There were 128 new incidents reported this week, the highest weekly figure since the FAA started releasing weekly data in July.

• Sad 1

hXhxCLY0_bigger.jpg

Trump's post-office online engagement is hitting new lows, according to @SocialFlow data. It helps explain why he recently asked a federal judge to have Twitter restore his signature account.

• Haha 2

8z9FImcv_bigger.png

In a reversal of Trump administration policy, the State Department has revealed the number of nuclear weapons in the U.S. stockpile - 3,750 as of September 2020. It said the disclosure will aid global efforts to control the spread of such weapons.

• Thanks 1