Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Independence Day - Resurgence" (2016)

hamradio

Why are you posting trailers for current films on the Turner Classic Movies board?

To give people interested a heads up.  I've heard nothing about them on TV.  Came across ID by accident and "Star Trek" came up on the same Youtube video at end of trailer on my end.  It was said several years back no sequel were to be made about "Independence Day" which took me by surprise.

I'll post them in the Off Topics in the future, if the Administrator wish to move the 2 I've posted, please do so if there is an issue with my posting in General Discussions..

In spite of it's obvious "schlock" factor, I enjoyed INDEPENDENCE DAY.

Up 'til at least, Bill Pullman giving the president's corn filled pre battle speech.

But as pure mindless escapism, it works pretty well.

Sure, you can fly the "mother ship" through many of it's many plot holes, but nonetheless......

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the trailers, Hammy. I saw a few split seconds of it on TV over the weekend, and I mean split seconds. Independence Day has been a guilty pleasure of mine over the years. Sequel looks interesting. Nice to see a bunch of the original actors have returned.

In spite of it's obvious "schlock" factor, I enjoyed INDEPENDENCE DAY.

Up 'til at least, Bill Pullman giving the president's corn filled pre battle speech.

But as pure mindless escapism, it works pretty well.

Sure, you can fly the "mother ship" through many of it's many plot holes, but nonetheless......

Sepiatone

Plot holes is right!  Didn't they destroyed the alien civilization when the arrival ship was nuked?  I thought Dr Okun was dead!

(Guess there's hope for Han Solo in the next "Star Wars")

Die? Me?

yumbrent.jpg

Will Smith not returning though, he's dead.  Think they wrote off the wrong character.

http://www.people.com/article/will-smith-independence-day-character-dead

• 1 month later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings