Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Searching schedule by genre - how to never miss a silent comedy?

Jeff9821

Hi there!

I'm a huge fan of silent comedies, especially all the superstars, Chaplin, Keaton, Arbuckle, but I love the obscure ones too.  But I find that I often miss the chance to record them on my DVR from TCM because I haven't yet worked out a way to search by this genre.  I feel very lucky when I chance on one or two in the listings, but I miss about as many as I catch.

I would be very interested in recording and enjoying all silent comedies on TCM, features and shorts as well, if I could only work out a good method of searching.  Does anyone else on the board have any advice that goes beyond going through the TCM schedule hour by hour every day?

I also posted this on the "Silent" genre board, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting here as well.

Thanks very much in advance!

Jeff in Atlanta

Hi there!

I'm a huge fan of silent comedies, especially all the superstars, Chaplin, Keaton, Arbuckle, but I love the obscure ones too.  But I find that I often miss the chance to record them on my DVR from TCM because I haven't yet worked out a way to search by this genre.  I feel very lucky when I chance on one or two in the listings, but I miss about as many as I catch.

I would be very interested in recording and enjoying all silent comedies on TCM, features and shorts as well, if I could only work out a good method of searching.  Does anyone else on the board have any advice that goes beyond going through the TCM schedule hour by hour every day?

I also posted this on the "Silent" genre board, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting here as well.

Thanks very much in advance!

Jeff in Atlanta

I will be of no help in expediting this chore since I manually go through my TCM guide each month when it arrives and actually mark with a colored red Sharpie, every dang film that I want to see, with big arrows on pages that have really important things not to miss. By the time I get through with it. it looks like it is bleeding all over.

If someone does find a quicker way to know about great silents on the schedule, due to your post, Jeff I will now thank you in advance for asking the question.

This blog has the monthly summary of movies this month and she lists the silents for the month.

http://www.flickchart.com/blog/a-flickchart-guide-to-tcm-in-may/

I will be of no help in expediting this chore since I manually go through my TCM guide each month when it arrives and actually mark with a colored red Sharpie, every dang film that I want to see, with big arrows on pages that have really important things not to miss. By the time I get through with it. it looks like it is bleeding all over.

If someone does find a quicker way to know about great silents on the schedule, due to your post, Jeff I will now thank you in advance for asking the question.

• Like 2

Welcome to the TCM Boards, Jeff.

Sunday nights @ 12am Eastern/9pm Pacific TCM airs at least one silent movie as part of their Silent Sunday nights. The silent have may genres, but that it the regular timeslot for silents.

They recently aired a birthday tribute to Harold Lloyd during the daytime.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings