Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*Sinatra Passed Away May 14th, 1998 & His Last Words Were....

spence

I've not been able to check back in in awhile now & last Saturday-(May 14th) marked the 18th

anniversary of the death of  *"The Chairman of the Board: Francis (Albert) Sinatra"

He went at Cedars si-ni Hospital in LA of cardiac arrest, at age 82.  & I only just learned that his final words were ("I'M LOSING") unquote

& he was laid to rest in a pretty humble-(for him) grave, nxt to his mother & father  located in Palm Springs, CALIF. "Desert Memorial Park")

Now this may not be important to many, but to us die hard *Sinatra fans, it's ultra-important!

Personally  I only have (3) Heroes, Idols & or Role Models, being: *"The Great: Spencer Tracy"-(l900-l967), *Sinatra & *"The Great 0ne: Jackie Gleason"-(l9l6-87)-(TRIVIA: *Orson Welles & Lucy started his nickname by the way) & they of course cover, film, music & tv

although according to Hollywood Chamber of Commerce & it's "Walk-of-Fame" *Sinatra only has (3) & Jackie (2)?

However, as a kid of between 10 to 15 Steve McQueen-(l930-80) was my first hero, along w/Evel Knievel-(l938-2007)

Anyway, in a current world, where the media tries to stretch mediocre & even awful talent into true "stars"  i.e. Kardashian's & many others. Case in point, Justin Bieber had the.....to once actually call himself "A Young *Frank Sinatra!?" :angry:  :angry:  :angry:   Most of you know exactly what I mean. Just check out shows such as TMZ, ET,etc on the former they have to actually explain who the person is they are covering :huh:

"I'M LOSING"

Oddly enough, you post this as I happen to be watching the episode of Magnum P.I. from 1987 that proved to be Frank's last onscreen acting role. He was looking tired, but it fit the role, and it was a strong, dramatic episode that serves as a much better final role than his cameo in Cannonball Run II.

• Like 1

Oddly enough, you post this as I happen to be watching the episode of Magnum P.I. from 1987 that proved to be Frank's last onscreen acting role. He was looking tired, but it fit the role, and it was a strong, dramatic episode that serves as a much better final role than his cameo in Cannonball Run II.

Yes, Cannonball Run II was NOT a good ending to a career.

The last movie of the man whose avatar you currently have, Lawrence, was a wonderful performance though sad to watch:

The Misfits.

I know you will be changing your avatar tomorrow.

I've already made sure I know how many of your new actor avatar's films I've seen.

:)

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings