Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Release Date set for Warren Beatty-Howard Hughes film

sewhite2000

Rules Don't Apply, written and directed by and starring Warren Beatty, is scheduled to be released by New Regency Pictures on November 11. Beatty plays Howard Hughes, but the film isn't a biopic. Rather, it's a drama about the strong attraction between two Hughes employees - an ingenue put under personal contract to Hughes played by Lilly Collins (daughter of Phil) and a driver played by Alden Eherenreich, hilarious in the Coen Bros.' Hail, Caesar! and who is also just signed on as the new Han Solo. Both find their lives and personal convictions turned upside down as they interact with Hughes and experience firsthand his increasingly bizarre behavior and stand in defiance of his cardinal rule: my employees won't have relationships with my contract actresses.

In addition to the three leads, supporting roles are filled by a virtual who's who of Hollywood notables, including Candice Bergen, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, Matthew Broderick, Ed Harris, Annette Bening and Oliver Platt.

• Like 1

Rules Don't Apply, written and directed by and starring Warren Beatty, is scheduled to be released by New Regency Pictures on November 11. Beatty plays Howard Hughes, but the film isn't a biopic. Rather, it's a drama about the strong attraction between two Hughes employees - an ingenue put under personal contract to Hughes played by Lilly Collins (daughter of Phil) and a driver played by Alden Eherenreich, hilarious in the Coen Bros.' Hail, Caesar! and who is also just signed on as the new Han Solo. Both find their lives and personal convictions turned upside down as they interact with Hughes and experience firsthand his increasingly bizarre behavior and stand in defiance of his cardinal rule: my employees won't have relationships with my contract actresses.

In addition to the three leads, supporting roles are filled by a virtual who's who of Hollywood notables, including Candice Bergen, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, Matthew Broderick, Ed Harris, Annette Bening and Oliver Platt.

Except for a couple of real bummers, I've liked all the films Warren Beatty has appeared in. This looks like a great supporting cast. I would watch this film just for Ed Harris and Annette Bening alone.

Except for a couple of real bummers, I've liked all the films Warren Beatty has appeared in. This looks like a great supporting cast. I would watch this film just for Ed Harris and Annette Bening alone.

But is he the lead in it?  You scooped me & my fellow colleagues on this date BIG-TIME!

Nov. 11th, but wide?

the title suggests it's a comedy though?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings