Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Review of "Money Monster" now in theaters

spence

I'm late on reviewing this current film, saw it last weekend & usually I'd post such a review on other sites-(goldderby, imdb, latimes, rottentomatoes,etc) however, I prefer you grand folks more!

It's no great shakes though & after 34yrs of going to new flix I can usually tell that when a new film has been stalled,etc-(first saw trailers for this in Jan.) there's usually tampering & other things going on w/said film & it shows here-(especially the last quarter) & especially it's tacked on ending

Now, I like *Jodie Foster, *Clooney & *Julia Roberts, but this is certainly not among anyone's best efforts

(only took in $15m. opening weekend)

Not much to say here, except *Jodie has helmed better stuff ("Little Man Tate" "Home for the Holidays")

Though she's a far superior actress then director.

You all likely saw the trailers for it & a guy holds *Clooney at bay w/a bomb & a gun, but, there's-(for me) absolutely no tension here?  It just seems like all are going through  the motions,etc

& also, the stupid title was altered to this one?

Not exactly "Dog Day Afternoon" or "Inside Man"

or the last release I covered here the marvelous "Jungle Book"

Overall (**-out of four stars)

& next for this viewer "Finding, Dory" (Pixar) (June 17th) the sequel to 2003's wondrous "Finding, Nemo"

THANX :angry:

• Like 1

I'm late on reviewing this current film, saw it last weekend & usually I'd post such a review on other sites-(goldderby, imdb, latimes, rottentomatoes,etc) however, I prefer you grand folks more!

It's no great shakes though & after 34yrs of going to new flix I can usually tell that when a new film has been stalled,etc-(first saw trailers for this in Jan.) there's usually tampering & other things going on w/said film & it shows here-(especially the last quarter) & especially it's tacked on ending

Now, I like *Jodie Foster, *Clooney & *Julia Roberts, but this is certainly not among anyone's best efforts

(only took in $15m. opening weekend)

Not much to say here, except *Jodie has helmed better stuff ("Little Man Tate" "Home for the Holidays")

Though she's a far superior actress then director.

You all likely saw the trailers for it & a guy holds *Clooney at bay w/a bomb & a gun, but, there's-(for me) absolutely no tension here?  It just seems like all are going through  the motions,etc

& also, the stupid title was altered to this one?

Not exactly "Dog Day Afternoon" or "Inside Man"

or the last release I covered here the marvelous "Jungle Book"

Overall (**-out of four stars)

& next for this viewer "Finding, Dory" (Pixar) (June 17th) the sequel to 2003's wondrous "Finding, Nemo"

THANX :angry:

thanks to jody foster they can't use that title now for a donald trump biopic. :lol:

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings