Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

From Russia With Love

im4cinema2

Having watched a station that broadcasts for the Russian community I saw some very well done Russian films from the 1960s era. I don't know Russian but the acting intrigued me and English captions would have helped. TCM if hasn't done so already should think about having a series of films done by the Russians.

My fav. Bond pic. Runner-up: "Goldfinger"

Brosnan was a dullard, as was Dalton

I've not seen 1 yet w/Craig though

The late: Joel Siegel said it perfectly once  "Connery's an Actor & Roger Moore's a Movie Star" unquote

Personally I sure miss *Connery!  His last to date was that big dud (*1/2) (2001's)"League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" ($71m.)

TCM has shown a few Russian movies in it's Import series.  Most recently was Andrei Rublev  (1966), by Andrei Tarkovsky.  We also saw his Solaris (1972).  Others include:  Russian Ark (2002), by Aleeksandr Sukurov;  Eisenstein's Battleship Potemkin (1925--of course), his Alexander Nevsky (1938) and his Ivan the Terrible, Parts I (1945) and II (1958); The Cranes are Flying (1957), by Mikhail Kalatozov;  Nine Days of One Year (1962), by Mikhail Romm.  There are some others that escape my memory.

So, not a long list, compared to, say French films.  So I hope we can look forward to more.

• Like 1

Having watched a station that broadcasts for the Russian community I saw some very well done Russian films from the 1960s era. I don't know Russian but the acting intrigued me and English captions would have helped. TCM if hasn't done so already should think about having a series of films done by the Russians.

Da! Is good idea!

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings